The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

This is an outstanding Helles @caulifloweredneanderthal
You’d like this

1 Like

There’s been a few times I thought we’d reached peak craft beer before, but this surely is it (no, I haven’t tried it).

Fantastic news; Kinnegar Scraggy Bay, Big Bunny etc. on the shelves in Lidl

7 Likes

Scenes. How much?

3.25 a can

1 Like

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

run discover GIF

4 Likes

Think they are €3 in O’Briens and come out of a fridge.

3 Likes

SuperValu stock them as well at 3.25, but don’t think they’re in the fridge. SuperValu is closer to me than Lidl, though.

The nearest O’Briens to me is 40 miles away so Lidl is cheaper for me

The crafties are gone woeful expensive. Aldi is the only place you can get an IPA for €2

Had two bottles of very cold Leffe there the last hour or so at home and they were glorious golden frothy creaminess in a glass.

1 Like

Was going to say the same - lads delighted they’re getting stocked on a warm shelf at Aldi for €3.25 each when they’re €3 each cold from a fridge in O’Briens. I’m shocked they can’t come in a fair whack below what O’Briens are selling for.

2 Likes

In a time of climate crisis it appears that some cannot forego their beer chilled by energy guzzling off licence coolers.

Wouldn’t mind them being warm or cold but the cans are 440ml generally.

Are fellas drinking the cans outside the shop? Throwing them in the fridge or freezer isn’t much of a hardship.

Lads just like to throw in the fact they live within pissing distance of an O’Briens into the conversation

2 Likes

If you can’t crack a cold one in the car on the way home sure what’s the point?

7 Likes

The stuff Aldi stocks is horrific.

Any decent beer will only come in a glass bottle.