The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

I went with two 660 Staropramens and two Pilsner Urquells. I’ve gym at 8 in the morning so taking it handy

I prefer a mixture myself also.

My new favourite glass

1 Like

2 Likes

There was a time when Grolsch was the height of sophistication :open_mouth: still a lovely beer

1 Like

Sophistication?

I thought Grolsch originally came here as a cheap beer from Lidl?

Grolsch has been here since the early 90s I’d say, because of the fancy cork style opening it was viewed as quite fancy once upon a time, it’s a nice beer anyway

1 Like

Twas around in the mid late 90s. When you were used to drinking Dutch Gold and Fosters (which I was on occasion) it was certainly a step up

Happy Oktoberfest.

5 Likes

Grolsch are around since the 1600’s. Asahi own them now.

2 Likes

Senior hurling

And what did you drink before Grolsch came on the scene?

3 Likes

Balbec brew

Finally a political party with a vision of hope for the future

@Tassotti would the Austrians have those beer purity laws as well

1 Like

I’m generally not a fan of beers from ‘The Med’ but I had Daura for the first time in about ten years today. As pilsners go this is good, you could knock back half a dozen of these very easily. It feels lighter than it’s 5.4% abv. Gluten free too so less chance of a headache for me.

3 Likes

If you like overly sweet stout that has flavours of toffee, chocolate, dark chocolate and chicory, then this is for you. For me it’s too sweet so it’s getting 6/10. I also found its draught qualities to be poor. I never have an issue getting a decent head out of the draught Guinness, Murphy’s or Beamish cans. This surge on this though is poor.

Try it out of the bottle.
It’s better…

1 Like

I’ll only drink draught stout.

Mad shit in the local offy. This was almost exactly like a fruit smoothie but is an actual beer from barley, hops and wheat

Mango, banana, coconut, passion fruit and marshmallow.

Only bought the 1 but would go again