The marriage difficulties and auld GAA lads from Craobh thread

Something similar happened me up in Dorset Street after a hurling match in crokerā€¦ Everything great early doorsā€¦ended up in the temple pub. Nightfall and all the locals came inā€¦ Me and me mate were laughing at the karaoke being sungā€¦ My mate was winking at some aul one across the bar who was with her husbandā€¦ I was getting edgy as I could feel the glares ā€¦ Bar man just quietly said to us best we get out of there ā€¦ I didnā€™t need to be told twice.

2 Likes

Played a bit of hurling with bodenā€¦

I loved playing boden only team that gave us a proper game them and Bridgetā€™s.

Would you have managed or played in the 90s.

There was a awful sound man that managed them a country lad Martin had a moustache.

Think they beat us once in a feile final 99

Yer great lads. We get it.

6 Likes

Fuck off you, you isolated prick.

These exchanges are what makes tfk great

2 Likes

I would have been earlier than that.
Ha ha. Martin sound man. Havenā€™t seen him in ages. Gone from area years though.

Good point

Anything more boring than lads that were shit at amateur working class sports reminiscing

1 Like

I hope you get a hole in your boat brutus

2 Likes

Youre very edgey lately palā€¦ Slipping back into old habitsā€¦

Lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Slagging epl or gga fans isnā€™t edgey mate

Great bunch of lads.

There was also a travelling lad Tom I use to have the pleasure of marking anytime we played.

He was a tough bastard but fair

Have you been at the white claws on daddyā€™s boat?

What about inane anecdotes of boggers getting scared drinking in working class Dublin pubs?

I remember him. Great lad.

1 Like

Did you ever drink a pint in the buddha bar?

I know. You never hear me talking about the time I lined out in a senior club ulster final and all Ireland semi as a mere lad of 16.

1 Like

No need. I hope you feel better about yourself

Dont get sanctimonious when you came in that way. :joy:

God forgive you