The marriage difficulties and auld GAA lads from Craobh thread

Not quite sure what you’re asking here so I’ll answer on what I think you’re asking

1. I don’t think financially better off is a correct assumption as cohabitating or having a house together isn’t just a married thing. They’ll still be on hook for a roof over kids heads and maintenance as well as their own accommodation.

2. If not agreed, then yes.

3. Mostly through the district court for access and maintenance applications. Circuit court for property orders

Lots of fellas with no spouses love talking and advising about others spouses. It’s odd

2 Likes

yes, hes a LIDTF sort so hes now under the bed with the now 32 year old girlfriend

1 Like

Would this apply to journalists who aren’t politicians or who never played at a high level?

some of the best family lawyers, mediators and counsellors are unmarried

They haven’t unconscious bias …they’ve no dog in the fight

1 Like

Growing up, you dont see the writing on the wall
Passin by movin straight ahead you knew it all
But maybe some time if you feel the pain
You’ll find you’re all alone, everything has changed.

Play the game, you know you cant quit until it won
Soldier on, only you can do what must be done

Exactamundo. What works for the married lad is well and good but there’s no guarantee that what works for one works for another, even if their spouses is a nurse

1 Like

That lad watched ever episode of Ally McBeal, so he’s an expert in relationships.

Its like me saying I was a massive fan of Jeremy Kyle and that gives me the right to give an opinion here.

Everyone has a right to give an opinion. It’s just some are more informed than others.

I have a right no less but I’ve no nothing useful to add, as I am not long enough in the teeth to have anything useful.

Lots of the same liabilities can attach themselves to cohabiting couples as to married couples in terms of finances and duties owed, and of course the same for parents/guardians and access and duty to pay towards their children.

2 Likes

James was a bit naive there, you feel.

2 Likes

Taken to the cleaners biggly.

101 for men of advancing years. Younger women who affect an interest in you - especially younger ones - aren’t after you for your looks.

Katrina is hotter than Irina fwiw

I fully concur with your observation

You’ve been hurt in the past Fagan. I can sense it

1 Like