The official Roman Catholic thread

Do non-priests get to recite the gospel now or does it just happen on Palm Sunday?

This is a Palm Sunday thing @Mac. The three readers play the gospel parts. Father Moloney was Jesus, the lady to his left was Pontius Pilate and the lady that lost her place was the narrator. It’d be a fairly common set up for Easter Vigil type masses.

Informative post.

I’ve avoided any mass that i know will be more than 30 mins with the exception of Xmas eve for about 15 years now. Comiskey used to love a good 2 hour Easter Vigil. I only made that mistake once.

Happy Easter to all of you Catholics (do you say happy Easter, or what is the appropriate greeting?). I hope it is a time of solemn, yet joyful reflection for you all.

1 Like

I’m not going to rise to you, you horrible prick.

He could do with a bit of reflection himself

Happy Easter to all Christians

Holy Thursday is where it really kicks in for me

Will all the God botherers be buying fish for their dinner tomorrow, and then be complaining that they can’t get a pint?

Have to head to the off licence tonight to stock up, thanks for the reminder

Run yourself off a cliff, you cunt.

So I can go to heaven is it you awful cunt?

You won’t be.

Nobody will.

Try it anyway, pal. See what happens next.

That’s enough of that now fellas.

They all want to go to heaven, but none of them want to die …

Anyway, we’ve had a great result over the pretend Catholics with the relaxing of Great Friday drinking laws… I’d imagine mass numbers will feel the affect of this as a lot of pretend Catholics will nip off to the pub instead.

After the Census SHOWED that Roman Catholicism is still the undisputed number 1 religion in Ireland, the secularists (and their publican allies) had to try one more thing to get their heathen agenda going again.

The atheist won’t be happy until the words Easter and Christmas are airbrushed from Oirish life. They’ll be attacking school names next.

Good Friday was a grand old tradition this country had and its been thrown out so we can appear to be more right on. A shame.

5 Likes

What a victory - We’ve destroyed the pretend Catholics. UNREAL.

Started with those rugby clowns, unable to enjoy a sporting occasion without getting shitfaced and now the lads who believe in Jedi knights rowing in behind them.

5 Likes