The official Roman Catholic thread

Donā€™t know.

Itā€™ll be a case of ā€˜show donā€™t tellā€™ I suppose

If history is anything to go by itā€™ll be a no show

Maybe. I hope not.

It is galling he has been left leave the country without outlining a plan for reform or change or at least being held accountable for why he hasnā€™t one.

All because heā€™s a lovely sincere fella.

It would be even more galling if he hadnā€™t apologised. But I see the point youā€™re making, and Iā€™m sure there are thousands who justifiably feel let down. Rome wasnā€™t built in a day, or rebuilt in a weekend.

Iā€™m sure an apology is fairly hollow to the victims.

Iā€™m more pissed off with the forelock tugging cunts we have in government to be honest.

Afraid of spoiling a vote or damaging their careers to say what needed saying.

ā€œI hereby apologise for these things that I was not aware of the existence of and which nobody even bothered to brief me on the existence of. Sorry about that.ā€

Pope Francis was ā€œtaken abackā€ and ā€œshockedā€ upon hearing about Mother and Baby homes during a meeting in Dublin with abuse survivors on Saturday and had ā€œno ideaā€ what a Magdalene laundry was, according to one of the survivors present.

Bernadette Fahy, who spent much of her childhood in the Goldenbridge Orphanage, said: ā€œI spoke to him (Pope Francis) about industrial schools and Magdalene laundries, both of which he appeared to know nothing about.

ā€œHe hadnā€™t ever heard the concept before, that was quite shocking to me.

Thatā€™s how insignificant Ireland is to the Vatican.

How much did we spend on his visit.
And you have Catholics giving out about a homeless woman getting a roof over her head and her kids

Poor Francis was attending the World Meeting of the Families. Did you think he was in Eire to issue a Papal Encyclical?

Iā€™d be very surprised if a well oiled political machine didnā€™t brief the Pope on the magdalene laundries. Itā€™s an emotive piece butā€¦

Iā€™ll not respond to you if you use my countries name like that

I can never understand how instead of having a pro-social justice attitude such as that of Peter McVerry, so much online comment from Irish people who self-identify as ā€œCatholicsā€ or ā€œChristiansā€ tends toward copying wholesale the horrible, harsh, judgmental worldview of US evangelicals.

Perhaps this is because the most visible face of the Catholic Church in Ireland in recent years has been the IONA Institute, who are basically US evangelicals themselves.

They have done an absolutely disastrous PR job for the Catholic Church in Ireland.

Its because they are repressed and comfortable. The Molotov cocktail of ideology.

Care for your fellow humans but only if they are the same colour, creed and belief as yourself.

We are becoming middle America

Yeah for about 10 or 15 minutes

Congrats mate.

Great to hear, the future of the Church is secured with the next generation of the Faith.

https://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/pope-cuts-dublin-visit-short-to-investigate-financial-irregularities-on-small-island-parish/

1 Like

Super day in the park . Singing dancing and most importantly praying. Church is secure until the end of time. Plenty of cash, Francis is a gentle man, a great man. Humble and caring. Long may he reign

6 Likes

3 Likes