The official Roman Catholic thread

There was 300,000 there media reports are wrong.

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve heard the pics were altered.

You donā€™t need to be ashamed or embarrassed by the turnout mate, you had a lovely time and so did many of the other 70 or 80 thousand, it must have been lovely

There was nothing else on. Manyoo on tonightā€¦

Are you on about the crowds in Limerick now?! That was a bogus number too. There was over 100,000 at that. Some fat guard had an interview and took a stab at the numbers. There was a count up there on Sunday they know exactly how many were there.

130,000 is a cracking turnout on a pissing wet last Sunday of the school holidays. There was wall to wall tv coverage as well. I stayed put on the couch myself because of the wet day. The best place to follow Il Papa. I saw him in Rome last year anyway. Back in 1979, hardly anybody had a tv, nobody went to Rome so people had to go and see Il Papa in person.

2 Likes

Who didnā€™t have a tv in 1979?

1 Like

Weā€™d emigrated by 1979. We had one in London alright but the streets were paved with gold over there.

What else has got 130,000 in Ireland lately? Especially on a wet day etc. I know, and am happy, that the Catholic Church is fucked, but that is still a serious turnout

1 Like

Itā€™s a big crowd of course mate but when you expect what, half a million??, itā€™s gotta be a dissapointment to the powers that be

The Ploughing

3 Likes

The twelfth

The most impressive KPI of them all is the 300k streaming. Organisation of the future.

2 Likes

The traffic restrictions required nowadays due to the threat of islamic terrorism meant an awful lot of committed Roman Catholics were unable to make the journey as it required a 2 hour walk both ways.
A pity.

1 Like

How many miles would you cover in two hours?

The hole way from Bucharest to Dublin

Some crowd all the same

Thereā€™s easily half a million people there.

4 Likes

that photo was 2 hours before il papa spoke

2 Likes

wow