The official Roman Catholic thread

I think the priests should be back teaching. My best teacher was Fr Malachy.

You donā€™t know that.

So you believe the bible word for word?

I believe the bible over idle conjecture.

Thatā€™s not what I asked you. Iā€™ll go againā€¦

Do you believe the bible word for word?

I see. What about catholic lay teachers who teach religious education?

It depends if they are genuine teachers who were hard and have a passion rather than the parasites who dominate the profession.

Thatā€™s shifting the focus of the argument. I believe the bible over idle conjecture. If you have factual evidence to argue against Iā€™m all ears but you just seem to speculating baselessly.

Ok - there are over 10, 000 different versions of the new testament alone ---- some scholars have estimated there are over 100,000 versions of the new testament - edited and changed over centuries ā€” so much so that scholars have commented that there are more versions than there are words in the new testament.

Can you tell me which one specifically that you believe in?

I stop reading at ā€œsome scholars estimateā€. Unless you have factual evidence, you are wasting your time.

Ok - the facts are there are between 10,000 and 100,000 different versions of the new testament - edited by all manner of people over centuries.

Can you tell me which version you believe in?

How would you assess their performance?

The facts?

Monitor their performance.

Yes. The facts.

Just because you say it doesnā€™t make it so.

For a non-believer you seem to place a huge deal of faith in the words of others.

I would put more faith in someone that has devoted their life to studying something over someone spouting conjecture - yes.

Would you agree?

What criteria would you uae?

UAE? - 40 lashes

So youā€™re putting faith in a complete stranger?