The official Roman Catholic thread

The one that suits him

2 Likes

That’s a brilliant film!

Sure you know rightly the answer is “No”

The New Testament is actually somewhat consistent on a relative basis compared to the Old Testament, even though it has plenty balls ups even after hundreds of iterations. But we shouldn’t be surprised at the ignorance of people thousands of years ago.

I’m still waiting for someone to explain why Eqyptian historians never mentioned the flood that wiped out their civilization.

1 Like

Many of us are.
I was staggering back to face the possible wrath of the bean an ti.
Teach Jack had been too hospitable and when I got to the bridge at annagry my stomach discharged its contents.
I stared watery eyed and snot nosed at the vomit floating messily orange in the water and LO! it transformed
At first I thought it was a star - 4 pointed - but it elongated on its vertical into a cross.
I realised I was having a religious experience! The cross rippled and more arms extended.
It wasn’t a cross anymore. It seemed an orange starburst that spread and spread & then a tendril floated up out of the water, towards me.
I couldn’t move. Transfixed as this tendril connected to the snot trail from my nose & like a flash of lightning burst into my brain and then I knew. It wasn’t that a voice told me or explained it -
I just knew in that moment that the Flying Spaghetti monster was real and that I should dedicate my life to piracy.
It was,if you don’t mind me pirating the phrase, a Damascene conversion!
And so,from that moment, I have never paid for a licence fee or market price for any music, film, or software.
The spaghetti monster freed me from all that and I will always be grateful.
Hail to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Tnh

You have to have faith brother.

Did you take your hate to Highgate again?

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Hi, does that mean they could get the DNA of christ? If so maybe they could track down descendants! WOW! Da Vinci Code for real!!

Yes apparently

1 Like

ah now, will it be the dna of christ or god?

I’m for mass tomorrow and communion. I’ll smuggle the wafer out and wait for the transsubstantiation. Then I’ll take a dna swab and send it off to one of them ancestry dna sites and see what comes up.

Depends what the parish priest has been up to

1 Like

Quick break between Masses, not a great crowd at the 8 o’clock, hoping for a better turnout at 9. I’d love a lie on of a Sunday.

God bless you all.

1 Like

Im off to 9:30 now. Would you not come down and do that one instead?

You’ve been putting on the same show since the 1960s. Everyone’s seen it!

Two angels visit a guy called Lot in the town of Sodom. Every single man living in Sodom turns up on Lot’s doorstep demanding to be allowed to rape the two angels. Lot asks the men if they would rather rape his two young daughters instead.

The crowd say they would not, so God strikes them all blind and tells Lot and his family to get out of the town without looking back because he is going to destroy it. Lot’s wife disobeys the instruction and looks back, so, for reasons that are not adequately explored, God turns her into a pillar of salt.

From Genesis 19:1-26.

And?

1 Like

That lot fella was some bollix. Impregnating his own daughters and offering them up for rape