The official Roman Catholic thread

is could be probably cure a few homosexuals aswell of their illness too

5 Likes

Yep. Piging out tonight while i can

I donā€™t eat much sweets or that so Iā€™m giving up shouting at my wife and two smaller kids and Iā€™m going to go out of my way to say something positive/complimentary to a different person every day.

5 Likes

Great stuff. Soak it all up and make sure you live these great moments, mate. Iā€™ve been told that the day really flies and it passes some people by completely. Itā€™s like a cup final.

Lourdes is on my bucket list. As is the pilgrimage to Lough Derg.
Iā€™ve been to knock countless times. Iā€™m filled with an inner peace for weeks after one of my visits up there. It unreal.

1 Like

+1
I was thinking of giving up bating the wife and kids for lent myself.

I always got confessions any time I went to knock as a young fella. On up then to the basicalla for the mass.
Havenā€™t been in over 30 years now.

Would you allow yourself a little break in your abstinence on Paddys Day? Always used to look forward to a few sweets on paddys day.

Iā€™m hoping to make it up there during mid term. My kids are really wound up about the trip. The eldest lad reckons it could be a game changer spiritually.

1 Like

What kind of cafeteria style Catholicism is that? Youā€™re either all in or not at all.

Hadnā€™t thought about it but yes that is the traditional alright.
The early Easter means Paddys day is 5 weeks into it this year.

God would want you to worship St Patrick by having a few sweets and a green cone.

Only immediately after mass though. One bar or a small packet.

Iā€™m trying to take it one day at a time, but not embarrassed to say I had goose pimples when we got him measured for his suit last Saturday.

3 Likes

Not true. Fr McDonagh has been telling the flock for weeks at mass at Star Of The Sea lately that itā€™s a great time for lapsed parents to reconnect with the church when ever they can. The church is adapting to the modern life, itā€™s time you followed suit.

Iā€™m old school mate. You wonā€™t find me sucking on sweets as I climb Croagh Patrick in my bare feet.

Good Catholics climb ā€˜the reekā€™ on the last Sunday in July, not during lent.

2 Likes

The really good ones like myself do it three times a year mate.

2 Likes

Outstanding. Iā€™ve actually done it seven times myself, once barefoot. That barefooted one wonā€™t be repeated.

1 Like

@Ambrose_McNulty @Steven_Naimsith
No squabbling lads, any effort is good effort. We are all on the same team here.

4 Likes