The official Roman Catholic thread

What a lunatic. He’s not down with masks, drag for toddlers and the slaughter of hundreds of thousands. Sid, rocko and that other purse clutcher will be outraged

1 Like

Great to see a huge turnout of devout Roman Catholics at Palm Sunday Mass this morning. My favourite mass of the most important week of the year.

A serious, serious Gospel well told by the priest and his two narrator’s.

4 Likes

Yes same last evening in Dominicans
Pope’s Quay
Also a seminar running after Sat evening mass for a few weeks now,

4 Likes

Mental issues

Third day revolution choir in our church are beyond good.
Helps meditate over the sermon etc,
And as u know
Dominicans can really give a sermon

1 Like

9 Likes

Anyone getting their feet :foot: washed at their local parish tonight? Always a great honour.

Some proper Roman Catholicism here in Spain on show

17 Likes

Bad time to go to Spain, the place will be shut for the weekend

1 Like

Just left Pope’s Quay
Dominicans
Beautiful service
Latin and English hymns
10 Dominican brothers singing/ chanting
Beautiful

They look like the Klan, unsurprisingly.

1 Like

The boys here are gearing up for another big day of it, im heading down to get a good spot soon, it takes about 30 lads to carry the Virgin Mary and they have full brass bands with about 1000 kkk loolalikes waving the incense coming after, simply unreal devotion to Jesus Christ. I should have came here a long time ago, this is a proper Easter

17 Likes

Are you in Seville pal?

Yes

2 Likes

Great to hear that Tipp is still a Catholic stronghold. Ye must have an energetic and relatively youthful priest in the parish. There’s priests covering 4 or 5 different villages over here such is the sparsity of vocations.

1 Like

I’ve always felt the Cashel & Emly Dioceses is the heartland of the Roman Catholic Church in this country.

Archbishop Clifford who used present the Irish Press Cup to the winning All Ireland Minor Hurling Captain (is this still a tradition?) was an absolute Hall of Famer on the Confirmation scene back in the day.

8 Likes

Is that where the ex Manchester United player is priest? Philip Mulryne?

1 Like

Wowsers. That Clifford chap was some dose back in the day. Blathering on self-indulgently for around 10 minutes while the youngsters waited patiently to get the cup.

1 Like