The official Roman Catholic thread

Give me joy in my heart keep me singingā€¦

A lovely scene from September when Sly and the family met Papa Francesco in the Vatican :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Syl is a great catholic

1 Like

https://x.com/CatholicArena/status/1752442392345530763?s=20

I blame dat divil worshupper from cork

They wouldnā€™t have got away with that in an American mass, hey would have been shot dead

1 Like

Another mass shooting?

1 Like

I saw a nun out jogging yesterday in Newtown in Waterford. In her full habit and headdress. She had a high viz vest on over the brown habit and she had earbuds in. She was a going a fair old clip.

4 Likes

Nun on the Run

There was a Dominican nun in Limerick a few years ago (maybe still) that played high level college soccer in the US, often seen doing keepy uppies in the full garb, lovely girl, used to do the Diocesan inspections as well and have a kick around at break time if she was passing

2 Likes

Getting mentally prepared for what is sure to be an absolute belter of a Palm Sunday Mass.

6 Likes

Just in the door. An epic gospel

1 Like

Its all about the narrator.

You need someone confident and clear in diction to get the crowd going.

1 Like

They had 3 ā€œplayersā€ up on the altar at mass I attended; a narrator, the Priest said the lines of Jesus and another parishioner doing the other lines e.g. Simon Peter, Pontius Pilate etc. It was well done

A priest always gets the Jesus gig

1 Like

I saw the local Anglican lads parading down the road today in a procession with vestments on, great bit of hyme singing going on

Your neighbour was the GOAT. DK.

Always loved how he would deliver the ā€œBarrabas was a brigandā€ line.

1 Like

ā€œCRUCIFY HIMā€ :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

We got a new fancy priest back in the day. Decided to start the stations of the cross on Good Friday down opposite the pub and walk the cross up the village to the church. He hadnā€™t counted on Tony the local alco flat out asleep in someone elseā€™s garden right at kick off. Tony starfished and slept right through it.

Iā€™m struggling with my faith atm. But when i see lads enthralled by the drama and ceremony it almost makes me question the notion that our conventional view of jesus is actually an amalgam of conventional images, fertility religons, cultism and psychedelic ritual, all of which was comprised hundreds of years after his death by lads with ulterior motives, political responsibilities and financial interests, amongst whom where scattered a handful of mystics and powerfil genuine spiritual leaders

1 Like