The official Roman Catholic thread

Absolutely.

Iā€™d still go to mass as much as I can, and Iā€™d always feel a little better after it. Numbers going to mass are on the way back up again if anything.

Its a great way to tune out from the outside world for 40 minutes, listen to a few lovely hymns and see a few stunners in their Sunday best.

10 Likes

As she marched up to receive I sat down there and watched her passā€¦ā€¦ the glory of her ass.

1 Like

Indeed. You wonā€™t find a single organisation without a scandal attached to it after operating for a decade plus. We are talking about something in operation for nearly 2,000 years now.

1 Like

Thereā€™s foreign priests there already and itā€™s growing.

What a line

1 Like

Disagree strongly re the hospitals.

Why would you want the church running hospitals? They are an essential public service n the church have no business in them.

Tipp women must be just different gravy in general. Youā€™d do well to spot a woman under 45 at mass in my parish on a Sunday morning.

ā€˜To receiveā€¦.ā€™

I doubt that anyone outside of Ireland knows what that means.

1 Like

I hope youā€™re on the wind up.

They just have it.

1 Like

About what?

Itā€™s a fact that any org will have issues after a few years.

Widespread sexual abuse of children facilitated by the organisation right up to the top.

Nice to see that you equate it to be an ā€˜issueā€™.

So do you think the BBC should be wound up?

Itā€™s an incredibly childish, naive and arrogant position to think that any organisation that subsists will not end up having scandals.

For something like the Church to survive 2,000 years is remarkable. They have done plenty right.

So what youā€™re saying is that what went on in terms of the various sexual abuse scandals all over the world is somehow ok by virtue of the Church being 2,000 years old, and there was bound to be a few ā€˜issuesā€™?

Thatā€™s not even mentioning the frankly sickening recent comments by the boss man around homosexuality and other poisonous views held by the faith.

1 Like

A reference to some sort of sex show presumably?

I never said it was okay. Please quote that.

I said it was 2,000 year organisation and any organisation will have many scandals if it survives that long.

As human beings are flawed.

Are you aware of the various Church atrocities over the years in terms of how they maintained power? The Crusades?

The question here is whether you value institutions. If your automatic response to negatives is to demand something is torn down, you arenā€™t very clever and donā€™t understand the value of things.

The Church has only survived as long as it has because it has adapted.

That is the question for them now. If they do not adapt then they die. Iā€™d rather they didnā€™t, because we as a society still have collective values stored up in them.

Ah here - get out of it.

1 Like

Deary me.

Did you do history in school?