The official Roman Catholic thread

This bit is unreal. A savage bit of prayer.

5 Likes

Hon the Catholic Church

Anyone been to the Latin mass in Pro Cathedral 11 o’clock Sunday mornings? Thinking of heading along this weekend.

1 Like

Great piece to get lads riled up. If it came to all out war you’d want this in your ear if you got orders to complete your misson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUfQ9e0A-1U

3 Likes

Blessed Virgin appears on the canvass trail in Dingle Co Kerry

A picture taken by Tralee photographer Domnick Walsh in Dingle captures Richard Williams chauffeuring a statue of the Virgin Mary in his van with Deputy Michael Healy-Rae leaning in the vehicle’s window.

Mr Williams was bringing the statue to St Mary’s Church in the town where an altar was being prepared in her honour.

2 Likes

St Kevin’s Church on Harrington Street is your best bet for a traditional Mass.

A low Latin Mass is a great way to spend a Sunday. A solemn Mass takes it to another level altogether.

1 Like

A must for all parents, beautiful but pertinent…

A Child’s Bedtime Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray to God my soul to take.
If I should live for other days,
I pray the Lord to guide my ways.

The Memorare is my favourite prayer. I recite it most mornings, and in times of need when I find my faith tested.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

1 Like

10 am Mass with full choir or 6 pm mass with a traditional style. There is also a young vibrant mass at 8am with singers geared for young people. God there is great options here

10am full choir could be epic.

Today will be Luke 4:1-13 where Jesus goes into the desert and is confronted by Lucifer himself.

A great piece for anyone who finds themselves haunted by the demons in their life.

The devil said to him,
“If you are the Son of God,
command this stone to become bread.”
Jesus answered him,
“It is written, One does not live on bread alone.”

3 Likes

im up now, bullet proof coffee and MOTD repeat followed by 10am mass followed by a HIIT in the gym, I sense a Sunday of full spiritual enlightenment ahead

4 Likes

there’s another church up the road offering:

Sunday 8am:
Quiet, said Mass
Sunday 11am:
Popular for families, with choir
Sunday 6pm:
With contemporary band

the 6 o clock one sounds unreal

It depends on the mood you’re in. If you’re feeling good and in jovial spirits go for the 10am choir mass. I always love the end of mass when the choir goes for a high tempo happy song like ‘Walk in the light’, everyone gets into it and then when it’s over you might stroll out and spend 10 or 15 minutes chatting to your fellow parishioners. Up to the shop then to grab the papers and home for the Sunday roast your mother has been working on.

If you’re feeling more contemplative and battling demons go for the traditional style.

7 Likes

Im battling some demons alright, but I want to be lifted out of it

2 Likes

The sermon is a also a big thing. You need a fella up there that can take you down a peg or two when you need it.

Back in London I use to go to 11am mass in the Roman Catholic Church of the faithful Virgin beside Norwood Park.

I’d then stroll back up the road get the Sunday World, only Irish paper there and no internet those days, have a few Sunday pints and a nice bit of grub. A lovely Sunday.

Will be at 10am mass this morning with the little fella.

It’s great being a Roman Catholic, lent is my favourite time of year.

God bless, have a great day one and all.

8 Likes

Walk in the light is such a magnificent song. This is a decent version:

http://youtu.be/HCvYNpzjelg

1 Like
1 Like