The official Roman Catholic thread

I donā€™t mind being your punch bag, mateā€¦ Iā€™d rather you vent here and take it out on me than on your wife.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

Did ye see the pope was nearly pulled over the railing in Mexico and lost his shit, started roaring and shouting at a young fella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRmZ01ErqFY

1 Like

O my God, at the end of this day I thank you most heartily for all the graces I have received from you.

I am sorry that I have not made a better use of them. I am sorry for all the sins I have committed against you.

Forgive me, O my God, and graciously protect me this night. Blessed Virgin Mary, my dear heavenly mother, take me under your protection.

St. Joseph, my dear Guardian Angel, and all you saints of God, pray for me.

Sweet Jesus, have pity on all poor sinners, and save them from hell. Have mercy on the suffering souls in purgatory.

Amen

2 Likes

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

5 Likes

Just back from two Catholic organised talksā€¦

I caught half hour of Ger Hartmann and his talk on the fellowship of sport which was a doctrine passed onto him by Ronnie Delaneyā€¦ I missed the best of it as I really wanted to hear the talk on a just society, tho organised by the Catholic institute, remained very secular and open and very engaging if not a bit lacking in reality when talking about the utopia we should be aiming for.
From there I popped in for the Mickey Harte talk, which was very church/Catholic/God heavy. He used modern sporting terms and analogies to explain or emphasise how we can grow our faith- strength and conditioning of faith, injury prevention- pray when things are good to prepare you for bad etc. etcā€¦ He came across as an extremely nice man, told a few funny anecdotes (non sporting) and all that but he is a religious zealot.

A strong Limerick GAA presence was noted. Forum hero, Pat O Sullivan was also there giving a talkā€¦Hannon and Hickey presented a workshop with Ger Downesā€¦ I donā€™t know how it went.

3 Likes

Clear off we donā€™t want you here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL58g24NgWPIy4HUWplqHmXz0GCEcFy5Vw&v=K5y8UVN3ss8

1 Like

a great website for Roman Catholics pal, you could spend hours on it watching videos and reading

3 Likes

Mickey Harte is a gent.

1 Like

Is is safe for work?

1 Like

My nieces confirmation today. A great day for all the family. Half the mass was as gaeilge which really added to it. I dip in and out of Catholicism but it was a nice day to dip in what with it coinciding with the other staple of Irish society Fianna Fail about to make a return to government.

10 Likes

Unreal. Great to hear this

Iā€™m off to say me prayers and then into bed.

God bless all.

1 Like

Spotlight wins the Oscar and officially consignes all Catholics and their apologists to eternal damnation. Own it Catholics.

When youā€™re roaring on your death bed in many years time youā€™ll call for the priest :wink:

5 Likes

The Roman Catholic Church is literally box office.

What a night for us stateside. :clap:

4 Likes

But there wonā€™t be any left then, so I think heā€™s safe.

What do the Roman Catholics of TFK make of Cardinal Pells performance today?