The official Roman Catholic thread

FFS, this is gas. Now you are claiming these people just were annoyed with their teacher. Would you afford the same to a Priest, of course you wouldnā€™t you utter hypocrite.

Itā€™s not a Dutch historian either, you clearly didnā€™t bother to read. You didnā€™t have a rashers about this last night and have been busily researching all day to try and

Iā€™ll call Pearse a nonce if I want, if it were a priest you wouldnā€™t be so quick to defend.

Thatā€™s on my bucket list I have to say. When I was living in Chicago I used to frequent St Vincents in DePaul University. Lovely church, right in the centre of Campus.

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually available to view online:

I dare you not to cry when watching the footage of the 9/11 funerals.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re giving the church more credit than it deserves. Is it not the case that, under pontifical secrecy, a member of the church could be excommunicated for reporting these horrible crimes?

Thereā€™s a lot to be said for paganism all the same.

1 Like

You are a tremendous Roman Catholic Brian. Please participate in our thread more

I said ā€œthe historian quoted in the Irish Times article (Joost Augusteijn)ā€. This lad:

By all accounts he has written the definitive biography to date on Pearse, havenā€™t read it, but it has been very well reviewed.

I would give the benefit of the doubt to any pedophile until they abuse, then they have to be locked up, plain and simple, as there is no ā€œcureā€ and the evidence says once they abuse they continue to abuse. However, there are millions of pedophiles who donā€™t abuse and yes I would give them the benefit of the doubt, whether they are priests, popes, whatever. Pedophiles can do no more about their sexual preference and desires than a homosexual, heterosexual or any other orientation. However, protecting them and enabling them to abuse further is unconscionable, except for the Catholic organization apparently which is above the law.

3 Likes

Ben Foden (rugby player but alright sort) converted to Catholicism prior to his marriage to Una Healy :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Why is Foden an alright sort?

Happy Spy Wednesday lads.

3 Likes

He saw the light mate

He gave up rugby?

The day we celebrate that complete and utter cunt of a man Judas Iscariot making a holy show of himself.

Many happy returns kid.

2 Likes

Does every catholic country outlaw pubs opening on Good Friday or is it just Ireland?

3 Likes

anyone in Opus Dei?

I can see the attraction

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIPzyVlK60

Bumped for @HBV.

Australiaā€™s a haven for heathens and all sorts of cunts, but even weā€™ve the off licenses shut. Business as usual in the pubs.

2 Likes

so what? is that something to be proud of? no one gives a shit about Australia, do ye even have a Cardinal out there? the last out post of humanity

We do. Cardinal Pell.

Heā€™s been in the news recently. Iā€™m sure youā€™re familiar with his skullduggery.

1 Like

Anyone?