The official Roman Catholic thread

Saturday night masses are being cut in some parts of Limerick mate itā€™s gotten that bad.

A priest in limerick could be doing 3 masses in 3 different parishes on Sunday morningā€¦the numbers are very tight now.

What time did you go to mass at this morning, m8?

Comiskey changed it about 25 years ago, nothing to do with priest resources

Strange one then.

you get the full monty at the 11am on a Sunday here, a young preist with new ideaā€™s and yet retains the common touch, he has a band banging out the hymns, its absolutely unreal, savage multi racial aswell, the Philippines and Poland are strongly represented along with Africa, unreal sermon about how he was called up for jury duty las week and was going mental cause they werenā€™t picking him, eventually he got the call at 4pm Friday evening, so heā€™s caught now for a few weeks, he was saying he went out for a pizza on Friday night and then to the cinema to see Eddie the Eagle, a real alright sort, my only complaint is there wasnā€™t much in the newsletter this week, jesus I am really buzzing after it, I love being a Roman Catholic, in fact I am going out later to buy a new Mass Jacket, i had a smart navy blazer on today and I just felt it wasnā€™t conservative enough

7 Likes

Comiskey got rid of this in Ferns diocese for some bizarre reason
[/quote]

Probably interfered with the rape of children.

1 Like

Absolutely no one went to it, thatā€™s the reason. I remember serving a Sunday 6pm mass to a sum total of 2 people.

1 Like

Can the Wexford congregation confirm whether Commiskey stopped Saturday evening or Sunday evening mass. The discussion is all over the place and needs clarification.

I would nt mind but I thought Wexford was full of proddies.

Sunday evening mass was stopped.

Commiskey was correct then. Nobody should need a mass Sunday evening.

Our leader Pope Francis is taking 10 Muslim refugees home from Greece with him. When you actually get your head around that itā€™s unreal.
Thatā€™s annihilating the Muslims and the aethiests in one swoop of Roman Catholic kindness. Both groups will be seething especially the non believers whose online campaign/commentary/moaning has saved zero ā€˜0ā€™ ā€˜fuck allā€™ lives.

2 Likes

A good folk group with some acoustic guitar nicely augments mass for me. Some great tunes belted out in the church last night put a real pep in my step.

3 Likes

Ah, the boys are at it again - Is it any wonder the church is dead in this country?

1 Like

Got 11am mass at home this morning. A lovely pick me up after a week of paranoia and anxiety brought on by last weekā€™s stag. Full choir with some really uptempo songs. I finally feel like Iā€™ve recovered now.

Sermon was all about encouraging vocations as we are getting low on numbers. It looks a great lifestyle at times - work for one hour and the rest of the day is yours. Thereā€™s times when Iā€™m sat in work looking a some ridiculous spreadsheet that means nothing and will add nothing to society and I really wonder what the fuck Iā€™m at. Iā€™d be far better off living in the way of the Lord.

6 Likes

Not the life it used to be Brian. They are run ragged these days.

This wee alone, our fella had 5 christenings, 3 funerals, a wedding and thats before he read any mass.

He must be well fed

Thatā€™s sounds rough. Wasnā€™t aware it was that bad already. Weā€™re still reasonably well stocked in the Diocese of Ferns.

Not to mind the last rites crack, that would weigh on any man. Amazing men really.

Thatā€™s a cracking post.

Comiskey abolished 6pm Sunday mass as he felt it was a mass of convenience, sort of a last resort type thing and that punters should be making their business to worship before that point of a weekend.

1 Like