The official Roman Catholic thread

Don’t forget to climb the Reek on the last Sunday in July.

1 Like

The trip to Knock as a child was always a special one.

Lunch in the Dalton in Claremorris, no one ate out in those days so that was pure novelty. Some cunt actually handing you your dinner.

Onto Knock then and a trip to the stalls to buy some toy or other as a part of the bargain. Then cross the road to the shrine. But first there was confessions… Standing in a room with a priest and telling him what a bad boy you were, sure what was wrong with it. A decent fella would go easy on the penance. But by fuck you’d say it. There was one particular time I stole money of the ould fella to complete my 1986 panini sticker collection and I came clean in there… Such relief.

Then a visit to the shrine itself where the good lady appeared. Always anticlimactic as you’d expect the statue to move but it never did.

Then the mass in the basilica… The highlight. Power stuff where they bless sick people and play deep music. The choir in there were always savage.

Then twas time for home, play with the toys on the car and stop in the Blue Thunder for chips. Soul cleansed and a fresh start.

18 Likes

what more could as young lad want? I remember the parish priest brought us all off up to Knock on a bus, all the lads that served Mass, for the day, it was unreal, a really sound priest, he was singing and all on the bus

3 Likes

Between myself and 3 of the lads working with me our first names are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

:ronnyroar:

Only copped it today.

2 Likes

What had you been calling them up to now?

6 Likes

Absolutely overjoyed to give that the big 10 mate. It was beautiful. What a memory to have. What a spirituality.

2 Likes

Fr Paddy Byrne the best priest on twitter. Think it was MBB put me onto him.

His twitter bio is

The light of christ is brighter than the shadow of fear. Begin again

Powerful stuff

#beginagain

Every Irish Roman Catholic should be following Paddy. He is outstanding. Has a great way about him.

1 Like

Twitter actually suits a priest. None of the bollox talk just short simple messages

I think a man with the faith and joy in his soul such as Paddy would prosper in any time, or on any media.

1 Like

Laois full back Mark Timmons and his daughter Kathlyn after today’s game. Mark was there for her at her First Holy Communion earlier today before going onto play for Laois in the evening. Two of our country’s strongest pillars captured in a wonderfully spiritual photo. God bless the holy Eucharist and God bless the GAA.

11 Likes

Who cares what consentual adults are doing with each other. What’s frankly unreal is that this lad has been relieved of his duties, while serial child rapists are just reassigned to fresh pastures where they can find new victims. What a totally fucked up organization.

3 Likes

Fr Coyle asked for leave to reflect on his vocation according to the article. Please stop making things up. This isn’t the US Presidential Election thread and it won’t fly here.

8 Likes

You bigoted bastard.

On behalf of the RC community posting here I’d like to offer Fr Rory our full support and best wishes as he takes time out to consider his actions and fight his illness.

2 Likes

I fully support that statement

Are you really that naive? Do you think he is like a child who put themselves in a timeout after setting fire to the family cat? Do a bit more research before making a clown of yourself. This is an outwardly conservative priest lecturing people on sexual restraint while privately trolling for casual sex on a fuck and run website. He got unlucky as he sent pictures of his cock (and face, and phone number) to a former pupil who forwarded them to a Catholic newspaper, who sat on the story until the bishop had time to send him on extended leave.

It must be quite schizophrenic for the rabid homophobes on here to realize the club they belong to is a gay cabal. The great majority of those becoming priests these days apparently are homosexual, which in a way is a good thing as at least the predatory pedophiles are hopefully no longer welcome in the club.

2 Likes

That’s kind of a hard one to explain away.
I’m sure the lads will come up with something though.

2 Likes

He just needs to prey harder

1 Like