The Official Superhero Movie Thread

The original superhero.

This and the next doctor strange look very promising, and both can set up so much more.

Moon Knight starts off slow enough.

First 3 episodes aren’t hugely eventful.
Stay with it though. Episode 4 is good. Episode 5 is excellent and ties everything together really well.

Yeah, 5 was excellent. Oscar Isaac doing very well with it.

1 Like

Veeeeeeeery slow to start…

Last ep was exceleent…

What’s coming next Ms Marvel or somehting?

nevermind:

Ms. Marvel (2022), She-Hulk (2022), Secret Invasion , Ironheart , Armor Wars , and a series set in Wakanda.

And Dr Strange next week.
Thor in the summer.
Black Panther end of year.

Thought the first episode was great, Isaac is excellent. Fourth episode was absolutely class, I’d meant to post it on here, bonkers and brilliant. Haven’t caught this week’s yet.

MoonKnight is a bit of a meh for me. Not sure it knew what it wanted to be.

Doctor Strange 2 is a mess unfortunately. Some parts are highly entertaining - Raimi’s direction, the horror aspects, the performances, the cameos and Wanda/Scarlett Witch - but the first half hour is atrocious, the writing is pedestrian and the plotting is all over the place. It does get better as it goes on and definitely has a new feel in terms of the well-executed horror stuff but they really handicapped it with the shite first half.

Also, it’s very much an MCU Movie featuring Doctor Strange, Wanda and guests, rather than what everyone wanted - Doctor Strange horror movie directed by Sam Raimi with repercussions for the MCU. It would have been way more coherent if it was the latter.

I’d still go see it in the cinema for some of the stand-out moments in the second half though.

it was abolutely mental. i thought isaac did a great job, dodgy accent aside and i thought ethan hawke was excellent as well. F murray abraham does a fine job as khonshu as well.

May Calamawy was very good as layla and i’d wonder if season 2 will feature a lot more of her

Chadwick added digitally or anything here?

I quite liked it. I’d have it comfortably more coherent than No Way Home which was a complete omnishambles.

That illuminati line up :heart_eyes:

Best they’ve done since Shang Chi which I really liked. Maybe 8/10.

1 Like

I thought the accent and character for Steven was great. Great series overall, very entertaining. A really obscure marvel character, a strange one to pick, what they did with it was class.

Nah the first half an hour of this was way more nonsensical than anything in NWH.

I had no major issues with the first half an hour. Was probably slightly rushed but it had to be given the nature of what’s to come. The ending also slightly rushed. But if it was 2hr30 it’d put a subset of people off. Tricky balance.

Two post credits. One mid, one end. One clearly more important than the other. But you can figure that out yourself.

1 Like

Dr Strange was quite good, but a note to the dads, it’s very much a horror movie and you’d be better off watching it yourself first to decide if you’re bringing the younger ones to it.

Great to see Bruce Campbell get his customary cameo from Sam.