The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

That’s a tough course . Ud be well under 1.30 in Charleville. Great days running.

1 Like

Would you give a full marathon a go this year?

I’d say you’d be a good man for the trails. You probably have enough Muldoon ignorance/stubbornness in you to just march up the hills like it’s no bother.

I might do Slieve Felim way again at some stage this summer. You’re welcome to join me, but you’d probably walk it as quick as I’d ‘run’ it.

1 Like

@fenwaypark has been trying to offer you a training program for about 2 years now. Listen to him and you’ll be flying.

1 Like

FYI TFK fun runners - I’ve a discount code for the Terenure 5 Mile taking place at 10am on Sunday 14 May. It gives you entry for €19 instead of €25. PM me for code, if you want it.

I was stewarding close to to the top of the hill at the back of TUSGG at the 24 11 4 mile mark respectively, gruelling stuff you’re heart genuinely would go out to all 20k competitors that took part. Kudos all round to all of them.

3 Likes

I was in a bad place when I passed you. That’s a really really tough section.

2 Likes

I’d have no interest in a Marathon really and I dont think my body would stand up to the training volume. I enjoy just tipping away at the running and wouldn’t really want to put other interests on hold just to focus on a Marathon. I’ll tip away doing bits and pieces with @Rintintin as he preps for Dublin.

2 Likes

Nail on the head

You’re a wise man.

Hit the trails and you’ll have plenty of craic.

2 Likes

I’d definitely enjoy trail running. Not much access to anything like that in this part of the country. What I really like about running is the fact you can just throw on a pair of shoes and head off. No travelling, prepping gear etc.

And on days like today you get views like this - only 10 mins from our door

10 Likes

I hear you. I had a few years were I could run out the door and was on trails within a kilometre and open mountain in another one. Now it takes me 20 minutes in a car to get out there.

1 Like

Best of luck to lads running Terenure 5 this morning.

6 Likes

Looks a perfect morning for it, think I’ll scrape under 30 minutes.

4 Likes

I seen you yesterday along Taylors. You look very slim and fit.

1 Like

I’m fit just not doing enough mileage. Every race I’ve ran this year I’ve fallen off in the last couple of km. Have only ran Terenure once before. Finish is a bit of a drag from what I remember which won’t be in my favour. Are you getting out at all?

2 Likes

Running without a watch. Just trying to get out consistently and keep niggles at bay.

3 Likes

I’m probably capable of no better than 35:XX after 6 weeks of easy running. I’ll probably try to hold 7:00/m & see what happens, I could be worse than that. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks. I think I saw they had pacers for 35 so try stick with them maybe? Best of luck.

1 Like

Cheers, I didn’t know about the pacers so that would suit me today.