The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

I’ve one4all card vouchers to use before the fuckers start reducing the balance on them (cc Damien Comer) & I think I can use them in the local DID. Is there any difference between these two? One has sport in the name & is cheaper but I think the pro is the one you’re recommending?

Fancy doing the kinder run in September? It’s called groovy kinder love if you want to Google it. You’ll save a whole £1 if you enter early. Tenner on the day. Few of us going.

Where’s this on? I’m supposed to run the marathon in October. I haven’t a tap done. I signed up for a running ‘buddy’ through our club who are doing a kind of mentorship programme so I’m meeting him next week. He said I only need to be running every second day at the moment, about four hours a week. I hope he doesn’t look at my Strava and see I haven’t don’t much all year…

1 Like

I’d imagine the bone conduction is particularly effective with thick skulls :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Separate point, but you never mention that French fella you used to run up the mountain with. Did you two have a fight? Is he buried in the hills, like so many poor folk around the border area over the years?

2 Likes

Do not google that

1 Like

https://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/groovy.html

He moved to the French/Swiss border. I miss him.

2 Likes

Oh that looks nice. Not this year though I’d say for me.

He did, yeah.

3 Likes

Awesome run this morning @Mac

Is that HR reading accurate? You didn’t even go near max

2 Likes

Cheers. Delighted with it. The HR should be accurate but does look low alright. I was on the heels of 2 pacers for nearly the whole thing so their slipstream probably helped with the level of effort needed.

6 Likes

Well you did 20km today, you’re in a great place mate.

Great running chief. Even more impressed you giving the credit to others and not making it about yourself :+1:

2 Likes

Not so sure Locke. I’ve done two 20km hill runs alright maybe over the past 5/6 weeks with one road half marathon training run thrown in. I just need to get a bit more consistent. Today was a grand wander. Couple of nice trails and some open mountain. Happy place.

2 Likes

Not much talk around the Cork Marathon on here. Doing the Half. Currently executing the emptying of my carbing intake from yesterday :confounded:. Hydrated well over the past 24 hours so I’m happy with that. Won’t get a good time with the heat. Just under 2 hours is my best, I’ll do well to get home in 2:15 I’d say.

10 Likes

Best of luck, what’s the weather like down there? I know a couple of lads doing it

There’s a reason very few mararhons are run in the summer! It’ll be scorching today.

Best of luck with :clap:

Very warm and bright. Down at the start now and sitting in the shade. I’ll be out in the heat for long enough.

4 Likes

Lots of fit young women on the train here. Must be a womens marathon on in Dublin or something. VHI purple jerseys abound.