The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

Just leaving now. Hotel wasn’t close to Margaret’s Island so didn’t get the chance to run around it. Did it last year, brilliant track to have in a city, perfect for a jog. Too hot and humid for the Gelert climb - it’s raining now, but earlier it was ‘close’ and the sweat was dripping off me, even that early in the morning.

Good clipping today @Mac . Very good time . You’re building well. Twas tough conditions today .

1 Like

Cheers. very tough course and conditions. Probably a tad disappointed but I’ve had a few easy weeks so realistically I shouldn’t have been expecting anything more than that. Starting to build properly towards DCM in the next few weeks so trying to keep the niggles away will be the main thing

4 Likes

Great running Mac

1 Like

Well done @Mac Assume Sean Hehir won it easy?

Wicklow Way relay started an hour ago. Seems like a great event. 104k from Kilmashogue to Tinahealy.

Yep Sean won it well alright. And our crew won the team gold on the back of it. The standard in Wexford is ridiculous at the moment. Lads running a 3:30 avg for that distance getting nowhere near the medals.

We were just talking about WW relay last night. Looks a cracking event but they’ve gone up their hole a bit in recent years on technicalities. I think 7 teams got disqualified last year for marginally taking the wrong course. And it was only decided a few days after they finished.

2 Likes

Yeah they tend to take it very seriously alright. TT Racers just got a 30 second penalty for bad parking :joy:

3 Likes

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think that would be standard enough tbh, but the letting them know a few days later was the issue. If you’ve got a 15ish km stretch to run, you’d surely go there and give it a good recce and not fuck it up for the rest of your team.

They’ll park their cards fuckin right in the future

I think the gap was closer to 2 minutes, trackers seemingly not accurate. Rathfarnham were leading for a good bit but East Cork had Tim O Donoghue on leg 7 and he took minutes out of everyone. Think most were genuinely happy that East Cork won it as takes a far effort for them to come up and do it, never mind having to recce all the legs beforehand.

1 Like

Not a great idea to wear green shorts in this heat.

1 Like

Anything that isn’t black is pure dangerous :grinning:

It looked like I’d pissed myself Mac to be honest. Worse still, I was on a group run :grimacing::man_facepalming:

Snap, in bright orange shorts. I was into the sea at the end like a shot

1 Like

I’m signed up for the Corkage 5 mile on Sunday. There goes the non-transferable Fathers Day lie-in I suppose.

I had been on holidays and was getting out regularly for runs but I suppose the combination of 50k/week in the heat along with a couple of beers/wines in the evening caught up on my immune system because I got whacked with a chest infection which I’m still at the tail end of. Hoping the lungs will be back to normal for Sunday :grimacing:

2 Likes

Good luck. Is that the first event of the DCM race series?

I’m meeting a woman tomorrow lunchtime to hopefully get a few needles in my arse. I’ve used Dr Google to self diagnose piriformis syndrome. Sharp pain in my right buttock on landing which was then transmitting a follow on jolt down the back of my leg. Physio had been focusing on hip & was a bit mystified by it. Haven’t ran in two weeks but didn’t mind as I was on holidays but keen to get back at it now.

2 Likes

Yeah - the first one of the race series. I signed up for the lot almost because it was easier than to pick and choose different races.

I’m surprised Google diagnosed you so gently. Normally when you use Dr Google you’re left in no doubt that you’re probably a goner.

2 Likes

29:16 for Leo Varadkar in the Dublin Pride 5km race in The Phoenix Park this evening.

Nice evening for a walk I’d say.

1 Like