The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

Are you doing any yoga/ pilates/ strength work?

Just a warm up for the real business of Castleknock 5k tomorrow. I’m hearing Leo’s in the sub 25 wave.

3 Likes

DCM tickets back on sale now after the refund window closed

Another big W for one of our fun runners this weekend.

Congrats @Mac

2 Likes

The lack of anyone knowing about the event was probably a key factor :rofl:

2 Likes

If there was at least one other person, you’re a winner

1 Like

Enjoyed Corkagh 5 mile yesterday. A very well run event by the Irish Life marathon team. Managed to get in under 34 mins which I was delighted with.

@Mac I’m down in the Gorey/Courtown area next weekend and I’ve a 22k run in my schedule. Any suggestions of good routes or is it basically pick some back-roads somewhere and try not get run over?

4 Likes

Good running - very good time.

Will PM you about some routes

1 Like

You’re a strong runner judging by the times you’ve popped up here. Are you on Strava?

Well done. :clap:t2:

Was results/timing company do they use? Not looking to stalk you, just looking to see the results list.

Any issue with crowding? It’s a narrow enough pathway around that park, is it?

https://www.tdleventservices.co.uk/en/event-result.php

It wasn’t too bad crowding wise. I thought it would be a lot worse considering 1,200 odd runners. The first km or so was busy enough but that’s all races I suppose. It strung out well after that though.

1 Like

That’s very generous of you. I’m just enjoying getting into it and like others here have got hooked on it in the last year or so.

I am on Strava of course - Is it possible to run and not be on it :wink:

1 Like

Anyone reckon a half to do? I’ve only been doing the weekly 10km. Probably need 6 weeks or so. Dublin half probably the best option?

The likes of My Run Results & Pop Up Races websites have race calendars so you might find something that suits your preferred timeline. Think there’s a Run Ireland &/or Athletics Ireland calendar too. 6 weeks would take you into early August & nothing immediately springs to mind around then (without checking the calendars). There is usually a National Half Marathon in early/mid September in Ratoath that finishes in Fairyhouse Racecourse (giddy up) & then the Dublin Half a week or two after it in The Phoenix Park as part of the race series build up for the marathon. So maybe more options if you train for 8-10 weeks?

Waterford greenway half marathon is on September 2nd. Nice flat course, and anything organised by West Waterford AC tends to be well run.

1 Like

Running e-pals. A question for you (and I appreciate this will lead to some slagging in my direction): what do you wear under your running shorts?

I’m just out from the doctor as I’ve had some ball discomfort for the best part of a week. Nothing too bad but pretty constant. It’s not my first rodeo on that front (culminating in an emergency surgery for a torsion many years ago).

When I started running, I used to wear those under armour compression shorts with a pair of running shorts over, or some days just a pair of old football shorts and a pair of jocks, but after a year or two, I dropped any underwear from my running attire. The doc reckons I should be wearing something there (he ended up showing me what he wears for tennis and running on the M&S website :laughing:). He’s not a huge fan of the compression shorts for the balls.

1 Like

I would think you’d have to have your town halls packed away and not flopping around everywhere. Plus, at the wrong angle, you’ll be on show.

1 Like

I use the internal liner brief that comes with the shorts for that.

1 Like
1 Like

This is what I wear.

I’m always looking to improve my image & style when running so will take on board any recommendations in this & other areas.

I’ve recently added some headbands to my portfolio to complement my bandanas.