The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

you can get sports performance briefs in all good sports retailers.

something like this:

1 Like

wristbands will complement this ensemble.

1 Like

I’ll take your recommendations on these.

Was on a group run last night where the question of keeping sweat out of the eyes came up. One lad was swearing by the headband. I got a good haircut last week and thought that might help but a few slapheads there were saying less hair causes even more problems.

Vaseline over the eyes helps a lot I find.

I’m a bit of a fan of the backward baseball cap for this. Its some encouragement on my runs knocking that I look like a bit of a dick

5 Likes

The forwards baseball cap with occasional forays into backwards is perfectly acceptable in trail running. The road running crowd seen to not be a fan of them. Some recommend visors like a fat golfer or something

2 Likes

I’ve introduced this lately having seen @Rintintin sport the look on Strava. It’s a very cool look on both of us.

2 Likes

I’ve only gone at slow-medium pace on my runs with my two headbands so far & I’m not that impressed. Some sweat seepage down onto eyes & face but probably because they were €10-€15 purchases from The Run Hub & Decathlete. I see you can spend €40 or €50 on a headband but that’s a bit mad.

The hat was a game changer for me.

I thought I’d hate it, but it’s the first thing I reach for now.

3 Likes

You are a slaphead though

Compared to you everyone is a slap head

2 Likes

Ridiculous

I have a fantastic head of hair you cunt.

1 Like

The trail runners are obsessed with Ciele hats. They have funky colours but to me are an odd looking shape. As I progress into ultra trail running from the start of next year I’m sure it’ll be my first purchase.

1 Like

Patagonia the way to go for the trails.

I have this funky number.

1 Like

Jesus ud look well coming up to the famous finish line at Mont Blanc with that on.

1 Like

That hat famously blew off my head on a recce run in Mournes with @Mac. I’d to hop over a wall to chase it. I doubt he would have tolerated that deviation from the route on race day. Great job for dipping into streams on a hot day to cool the head down

Ciele, Buff, fractal, On running, Patagonia
I’ve tried em all, there’s the proof.

The ciele hats are the best, and the most stylish imo, expensive but keep their shape well

Buff for the neck gaiters/headbands,
I’m sick of recommending them, it’s the only present I’d give to a new runner

3 Likes

Do Ratoath. Give yourself an extra few weeks prep

I thought it was a roll of tinfoil you dropped such was the speed you went to retrieve it

4 Likes