The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

Old age

3 Likes

None of us getting any younger pal

1 Like

I feel I have crested a hill at my age. I am doing everything now to slow down getting to the finishing line.

3 Likes

Thanks pal. Don’t feel under the weather - I don’t know if my watch gives an accurate HR reading as it’s generally on the high side & especially so towards the end of runs. I also had some hills in the last few miles - from Drumcondra village up to Griffith Avenue junction & then up the Malahide Road to Donnycarney - so effort was probably higher too.

Pity about the niggles on the thread, it’s annoying to have a setback when you’re in a good training & racing rhythm. At least it’s far enough out to Dublin that a couple of weeks won’t be the end of the world.

Now let me head to the GAA & rubby spot thread.

2 Likes

Was coming on to say the same, but more around distance. Must be great to have every Friday off from work.

1 Like

:grimacing:

Are you on wrist for HR or chest strap? The wristband isn’t worth a fuck apparently. As long as the effort felt ok to you, that data mightn’t be of any value

I’m always just going by the wrist watch. I’ve never worn one of those chest straps.

1 Like

Chest straps quite accurate

In at the physio today - apparently it was my adductor longus I’ve done this time which is a new one to me. He reckoned the cornering of my interval route could have been the problem :laughing:

Reckons I’ll be back on the road in a week or so and gave me the usual batch of exercises which I know I’ll only half-heartedly stick too

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know that feeling.

2 Likes

I reckon they always give you double what’s needed knowing full well you’ll only do half them

1 Like

That’s the first thing they learn on the first day at physio school :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Day 2 - nothing can ever be fixed in a single consultation

4 Likes

Day 3, the last fella who looked at you hadn’t a clue, set you back six months :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’ll take that back, actually enjoyed the pissing rain this morning. Felt I had the park to myself.

3 Likes

How was Kilbeggan 10 mile, @corner_back? Fair play on an excellent run. I heard there’s a killer climb after 9 miles.

Well done on the half today @RaymondCrotty & nice long run too @caulifloweredneanderthal.

3 Likes

Thank you. Was happy with that alright. Went a minute or two quicker than I expected which is always good. Course was described as “undulating” which was fairly accurate. Good tester for Tullamore half in a few weeks. That climb in last mile was over a motorway bridge. It finished any chance of a kick at the end.

3 Likes

Cheers bando. Felt fine throughout. No back niggles really.

It seems to be the thing for the proper runners up here to use the parameters of the football pitches at the college (there’s a walking track whole way around). It’s boring enough at times doing figure 8s of maybe 800 metres a go, but I did about 10km of that today. It’s all on grass and the top runners have recommended it if you’re ever nursing a niggle. I’m migrating away for the trails this summer so I’m just trying to ensure I don’t spend too much time of pavements

1 Like

Good read.

1 Like