The Official TFK Coffee Thread

I assume you’re getting it from Aldi? It is great coffee for the price, if you want to splash out though you should call in to Rift and buy some beans and get them to grind for espresso, they have a great range of coffees, all great in my experience

1 Like

I bought illy coffee this week for the first time.im a long time. Doesn’t do well out of the aeropress though. Better from the stovetop espresso pot.

THAT’S BECAUSE IT’S GROUND TOO FINELY FOR AN AEROPRESS
AMATEUR HOUR!

Really? Lavazza Oro is ground even more finely and comes out treat from the aeropress.

That’s making me question everyone and everything

So this is what craft beer drinkers do when they hit their 40s

11 Likes
1 Like

I like the Cortado at Costa

Oh no we dont

That sounds like an awful load of shite. If you put a coarse grind in an espresso machine the water just runs through it with eff all extraction. And then throwing climate change into the mix…

His parting shot was “you don’t understand coffee” :grinning:

4 Likes

I’d say that procuring your beans is more of a threat, unless they’re growing wild up in ulster or West connacht

The lad that wrote that should be hunted out of the coffeegeek forum

Living my best @flattythehurdler life today

1 Like

Lovely

A disturbing revelation.
My wife arrived home with a bag of the Frank & Honest ground coffee a few weeks back, but I left it sitting in the back of the press. Eventually opened it today and it’s surprisingly good. I’d nearly go as far as to say it’s very good.

2 Likes

Taste is subjective obviously so I won’t rain on your parade, I think it’s bog standard like Robert Roberts

My current brew and one of my favourites ever is a Peruvian coffee roasted by Calendar coffee in Barna, the lads in rift sell it but I suppose that’s closed now?

Not wishing to panic anyone but I suspect coffee will be one of first daily staples to fall by the wayside in the current crisis. Can’t see production and exports continuing In Covid hit regions of South America and Africa.

I could not get a bottle of my favourite Montepulciano last week

Christ, we’ll be no worse than savages in another week.

Or worse, Cork people.

1 Like