The Official TFK Coffee Thread

Hopefully

Early adapters of matcha latte laughing

Buy a hape of green beans and roast them as you need them. They keep for a few years

1 Like

Why not? Are they going to not pick it?

At the severe risk of a lambasting, I made a turmeric latte the last two mornings. I normally drink my coffee black but I decided to try this because Iā€™m all in favour of any way to consume more peanut butter. Coffee, hot milk (I used almond), half teaspoon of turmeric and a good teaspoon of peanut butter blended up.

Itā€™s delicious.

2 Likes

Sounds mental.
Whatā€™s the consistency like?

You get a little froth but otherwise like a slightly creamy/milky coffee. Itā€™s genuinely really nice. Wouldnā€™t want to use too much turmeric or itā€™ll overpower it.

Its a tad different but I still wouldnt have it ahead of the likes of Velo (Some cork based crowd who sell through Aldi).

illy isnt hectic for the price wither in my opinion

1 Like

Iā€™ll go on record and state that this is the best coffee on the planet. I bought another 2kg, which was probably a bit optimistic what with pandemics etc.

Mrs Mac arrived home with a fancy coffee maker during the week and Iā€™m now making flat white every day :sweat_smile:

Does that need to go into the coffee press or is it instant

Itā€™s for the coffee press. As I said I was pleasantly surprised with it.

Iā€™ve probably over dosed on the velo stuff as Iā€™ve been working from home.

3 Likes

Yer man in Velo has a cafe of same name in Cork. Very nice spot. Have never had the coffee but hes a fair operator to get it into Aldi from nowt

Not?

Heā€™s practically giving it away to them, similar quality coffees are usually treble the price

1 Like

Tis easy enough get products into Aldi for small Irish businesses. You just need to be willing to make a massive loss on it.

4 Likes

Thats not necessarily true. A friend of mine supplies few bits into them. Margin is tight enough but they make it very easy to do business with them. And they pay on time. You wouldnā€™t want to become too reliant on them though

Margin is all Iā€™m talking about. Depending on the product theyā€™ll slice away at it. Different for every industry of course. You pretty much pay for the privilege of being in there unless youā€™re well established from any business Iā€™ve seen.

3 Likes

Iā€™d more imagine itā€™ll be ā€œif ye are too ill to pick it lads, thereā€™s plenty more looking for workā€
Who knows though. You tend to be right.
I have plenty of pods in.
Might even fire up the oul steam powered Machine for the laugh.

Pods? Why do you hate the planet so much?