The Official TFK Coffee Thread

They didn’t work great on mine anyway. Have heard stories about them jamming and melting in some machines

Apparently aldi changed the design in late oh-sixteen, and they are much better now.

Never had a problem with the lidl pods

How lidl are they?

This thread piqued my interest so I popped into the supermarket today and said I’d chance something different. This stuff is absolutely revolting, the third or fourth non nespresso brand ive tried and they’ve all been awful. I wish illy would make compatible pods.

They were queueing out the door to get in to a coffee shop in Phibsboro there this morning when I was out and about in the car.

1 Like

Patrick Geoghogan discussing the history of coffee in Ireland and elsewhere on Talking History now on Newstalk.

1 Like

Was it the world famous on social media White Moose CafĂŠ at The Charleville Lodge Hotel?

I do like a nice expresso blend in the morning, stronger the better. No sugar, no milk. Coffee shops are generally ok places if you don’t have douchebags hogging all the tables using the free WiFi. Summertime I like an iced carmel frap with an extra shot.

Was listening

Good show.

Sunday evening radio has its moments, Myles Dungan’s show had some good bits as well earlier includibg ab ibterview with David Norris from 1977 where he was the first heemasex to discuss the condition on irish TV, and now the drama on one is a Kevin Barry monologue about living in Cork in the 90s.

I’m sure iv read that. May even have been linked on here. Top notch

1 Like

No it was a spot up at Doyle’s corner called Two Boys Brew,

Similar but the radio play is a ‘work of fiction’.
That feature length article you referred to was excellent.

1 Like

The presenter on newstalk comes across as being pompous

Talking bollix with Patrick Geoghan is what I say to myself when the programme comes on, mate.

Very good mate

1 Like

Do you laugh a little when you say that?

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t allow myself a smile at my little wordplay, Fagan.

3 Likes

The accent is a bit grating but he appears like a very decent bloke, great all rounder on the history as well.