The Official TFK Coffee Thread

Are any of those supermarket nespresso pods decent, Iā€™m out of coffee and wonā€™t be able to get to BT before closing. Is aldi best for a quick fix.

Yes. The aldi ones were adjusted in late oh sixteen and are not bad at all.

1 Like

Dublin Barista School does very good coffee

Not sure it is actually a barista school. It might be but the lads who served me today seemed more like teachers than students.

Baobab from a chap based in Kildareā€¦ Seriously Good coffee. The sis in law is using it in the triskel.

cc Cork posters.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the triskel soon for an opening night

Pop into the cafe and spend lots of money.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be in cork tomorrow

1 Like

You have your coffee sourced nowā€¦ Just tell the owner you know the black fella from Limerick marrying her sister.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve started making cold brew coffee. I part coffee (not too fine a grind), 8 parts filtered water. Leave in the fridge for 20 hours or so. Filter. Unreal stuff.

Game changer.

Do you drink it cold then?

I believe he shoves it up his hole.

1 Like

cc @Tassotti this is the next thing for you

1 Like

Yep. Tastes way better than iced espresso or anything like that.

What do you make of the new nespresso machines. Much bigger pods and use centrifugal force to extract a wonderfully viscous crema.

Anybody who drinks coffee should investigate - throw caution to the wind in terms of your adrenal axis.

Havenā€™t seen them. Iā€™m generally against nespresso machines. Gimmicky, shite coffee, expensive over the long term and create a lot of unnecessary waste, environmentally unfriendly (causes of Glas threadbump alert).

Get an aeropress. Cheap, easy to use, best cup of coffee youā€™ll make.

I donā€™t think the coffee is great from them eitherā€¦ The only way to do it if you are having one is heat milk and just have a shot of coffeeā€¦ The bigger servings are watery, tasteless shiteā€¦ Princess drinks them all day ffs, Iā€™d rather instant over them.

You need industrial pressure in a coffee machine

I have an aeropress too. Good but very slow if making more than coffee for one person

Pressure is very 2017. Centrifugal force is where it is at now. Like in that James Bond movie - Moonraker which was futuristic. We are in that future now pal. Mad really.