The Official TFK Fad Thread

Did a roast beef in the ninja air fryer tonight. Cheap cut half price in Super Value. Came out absolutely perfect. Game changer. I may sell the ovens.

4 Likes

The aeropress is a game changer.

Got it for Christmas last year. So simple and effective.

2 Likes

Even from an energy saving point of view,its a no brainer.
The missus has started to do a roast chicken in one lately-Excellent results every time.

2 Likes

What sort of settings?

Seared it on high for a couple of minutes all round. Then did it at 180 for about 75 minutes. It was 1 and a half kilos. Turned it down to about 160 for the last 20 minutes or so because it was getting too hot.

Did the roast potatoes then after. 25 minutes at 200 after I had steamed them for a bit.

3 Likes

Have you revised your opinions on cheap meat?

3 Likes

Did you put it in foil?

How long would you leave the chicken in for and at what temp?

For a 1.5kg chicken she says 1 1/2 hours.Put the bird breast down to start and turn it half way through.
Its nice.
At 180 degrees

Would be way overcooked at that

Would in my air fryer anyway, maybe they’re different

We only have a basic one.
Will probably upgrade in the near future.

Apologies-Half an hour each side.I heard her wrong.

2 Likes

Give me the low down on doing chips/wedges to a nice crispy texture in the Ninja

Baby potatoes quartered make lovely wedges/chips
Toss in a little oil, season to your own taste
20 minutes at air fry, 5 minutes at max crisp

1 Like

Max crisp.
Bit of salt and pepper and some olive oil. Shake the fuckers up every 4/5 mins. We do spuds cut as opposed to shop bought so we feel better about ourselves.

Open it
Put in food
Close it
Switch on
Take out
Eat

10 Likes

Nobody has ever gone for dinner in @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy’s gaff twice

3 Likes

Yes I’d be a “real chips” man myself.

Make sure they don’t touch each other in the trays. Cook em maybe 12-14 minutes, take the out then put them back in for a few minutes just before serving.

You’re cooking for one?
We have the biggest one and I do not even think I could make chips for myself (using both sides) without them touching