The Official TFK Farming Thread

A sad fact but the gods honest truth.

1 Like

Truly summer in Gortletteragh, the hay saved, Fenagh bate in the league, Niblocks about to officially re-open and the 2020 Intermediate final looming. What more would you want?

3 Likes

For this heavy fog to lift soon!

Thereafter a resurgence of hurling in the club…and, of course, to batter Annaduff in last year’s final!

1 Like

I know a fella about to inherit an 80 acre farm (not me) which is currently dairy but he hasn’t the motivation to do the revamp or invest the money required to make it more profitable. In truth his father is doing it full time and it’s not bringing in a pile of money every month. This fella will keep his day job too as well as inheriting it. Selling not an option they’re living in the main house and too proud to sell, it’s with that family going back generations

It’s very hard to sustain dairy and hold down a job. He’s as well of getting into rearing calves from dairy herds and finishing them. Least amount of work and hassle.

3 Likes

Only another hundred or so to draw in, don’t like the look of those clouds

4 Likes

Some nasty diagonal alphabet rain falling there too. That crop is fucked now.

5 Likes

Ape

That’s alamy fodder for the winter

2 Likes

Wrench monkey

1 Like

You brought shame on the forum today. You should hang your head and self impose a months ban on yourself

Lads are just jealous because alamy use my meadow

1 Like

Lads would want to recognise straw bales from hay bales for a start. It’s the early days of July which is, or should be, a pointer. You caught a few all the same.

2 Likes

Gas cunts

5 Likes

I’m just about to introduce this lady into a queenless colony. I’m breaking with the international colour code for marking queens by year of birth…
I felt the forum should be informed

6 Likes

That’s a spot

I’ve been watching Jeremy Clarksons Farm on Amazon Prime lately. Jaysus there’s a bit to farming isn’t there?

Is it worth a gander? I was half thinking about watching a bit of it

If it was 'asy, any auld townie cunt would be at it.

8 Likes