The Official TFK Farming Thread

:grinning:

Oooofty.

Ouch!

Bringing in ours this morning as well, I have passed the mantle on to my oldest this year, himself and my auld fella will draw the most of it in while I’m at work. The young lad will learn a lot over the next few hours.

14 Likes

:clap:

How old is the young buck if you don’t mind me asking?

An emotional and formative day for young @Rintintin :clap::clap::clap:

Field ready to be cut this morning, looking perfect. Fucking cattle broke into it last night, trampled it all down and shat all over the place. The father is like a cunt.

1 Like

He’s 14, a few months shy of 15 . He’s a fine big lad . Very nearly 6 foot.

1 Like

Silage is pickled grass. Like pickled cabbage, you’d not feed it to your bessiers. In your particular instance, if you had a British soccerballing franchise round for tae in the winter, you’d feed them hay. If it was your local senior intercounty hurling squad, you’d feed them silage.
“standing in the gap” translates as “stay the fuck out of the way over there, you Cork townie bollox”

7 Likes

I’d advise settling in to a box set of All Creatures Great And Small mate.

It will give you the gist of this thread, but in a more refined manner, suitable for folk from The Pale who would like to tune into BBC Radio 4 and would be unused to the coarse language and tones of rural types, whilst poking fun at this genre of individual in a genteel, safe, and comfortingly British manner.

No bother to him.

1 Like

:scream: but they gave me a stick mate, a nice one that made a swooshy sound

1 Like

And it worked a treat it seems and kept you out of harms way swooshing away.

1 Like

Nothing got through the gap, that’s the most important thing

4 Likes

Don’t listen to them mate the man in the gap is as important as the man behind the cattle.

1 Like

That’s banker talk at bonus time.

How could it, your man had a big stick that made a swooshing sound.

1 Like

Pity there wasn’t a few lads in the gap blocking the money going out in the good times.

Ironically there were. They were farmers.

It was actually a small thinnish stick mate, you’d need that for the good swooshy sound

Sticks are for townies, a 32"-34" length of 3/4" hydrodare is the only job.

8 Likes