The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Withdrawn

Here in Nowa Huta taking my daughter to Oirish dancing classes. They have some special guest teacher over from the home country this morning.

Up to my elbows in sick. The little lady has a vomiting bug. Barely had my arse in the seat in work and the creche were onto me to take her home yesterday. No warning signs, the little Lady was in good form. Creche wonā€™t take her now for 24 hours which is fair enough.
It will be dry toast and fluids later see if that will stay down.

1 Like

Grandparents day in the national school yesterday. Very good idea. The auld boy came down and he was ā€˜fierce impressedā€™ with what schools are like these days.
At one stage all the grandparents who were in one particular classroom were asked what it was like back in their day. Tales of two and a half mile walks to and back from school and the cane had the kids in 3rd class captivated.
Great initiative tbf.

11 Likes

V good idea alright. How do they deal with it for kids with no grandparents do you know? Fair bit of explaining in that for younger kids Iā€™d say

Iā€™m sure one of their two motherā€™s will be able to handle it.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty of kids without grandparents, or even parents sadly, and worse in other situations, kids are smarter than we give them credit for.

3 Likes

I know yeah. Would have thought the kids are so cosseted these days anything that might make one of them feel excluded would be a no no

Potential business idea, agency Grandparents that can be hired by the day.

2 Likes

No. The intensive vetting procedures required would be too expensive

1 Like

And there wouldnā€™t be a hope you could get insurance on them

3 Likes

Setup the app there, weā€™ll call it Grey-lo.

1 Like

:clap:

@Fran, this was a super call.

2 Likes

Not quite the same value as the Donaldson ones Fran posted, but if you want to support Irish, you could do a lot worse than Chris Judgeā€™s Brian and the Vikings

https://www.obrien.ie/brian-and-the-vikings

1 Like

What age group is this book aimed at?

Bit advanced for you mate

2 Likes

How were you exposed to these books?

I like the pictures though.

:eek:

I was reading it to mine from 2 or so, its beautifully drawn. Iā€™ve seen it suggested 3+ though.

http://www.gobblefunked.com/brian-and-the-vikings/

1 Like