The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Ah tis glorious to see Thraw giving his input on this thread, welcome aboard the good ship fatherhood young man. :clap:

Thanks RTT. Itā€™s marvellous being a member of the Limerick Chippers and BDO social groups but this, well, it truly is the most precious club of them all.

Enjoy the pints Link :pint:

+1

Enjoy the few pints of red lead Link :pint:

As for giving the kids a smack, well in 3 and a half years of being a Da I havenā€™t slapped any of them. You might be pissed off with the antics a bit but time on the bottom step usually sets them right.

21 minutes later, Rocko invents ā€œThe Dungeonā€ā€¦

The bottom step was a great success for us, until we got the stairs carpeted. Itā€™s not such a punishment for them anymore.

One of the twins is after coming down with a severe dose of the chicken pox, just wondering if anyone has any ideas for helping with the itching? I know of the bread soda paste and oat meal baths.

Sorry to hear this, RTT. I hope it doesnā€™t upset his Christmas. I presume you know that calamine lotion is an absolute must for this. Douse the poor child in this and it will settle down the itching.

Good man Bandage, I have a big bottle of it here, It is a must for any budding TFK fathers to have a bottle of calamine lotion in the house.

Ben and Jerry had it too around this time last year. Iā€™m sure we used aloe vera

The bread soda paste is more of an after action if theyā€™re scratching the sores. It wasnā€™t as bad as what I thought it would be, better to get it out of the way early

Thanks for your input Locke, Iā€™ve heard it can be a lot worse when older alright, the oldest lad didnā€™t have them nearly as bad when he got them.

Tip for all TFK fathers and anyone who might be visiting a house where children have chicken pox: Chicken Pox is contagious until the last mark has scabbed over.

try and stop them scratching if you can. I have seen people putting socks on kids hands to try to prevent it. the amount of spots can vary by kid. mine got it one after another, had it in the house for six weeks

RTT mate iā€™ve seen on TV how effective tying rather large boxing gloves on the childs hands is, to stop them scratching.

All great suggestions lads, thanks for the tips. I might by them a pair of boxing gloves each for the christmas, even if it doesnā€™t help with the chicken pox it will provide ample entertainment christmas night if I can get them to go 3 rounds with each other.

Another 2 RTT Jnrs arrived today. Iā€™m glad to say both babies and mother are doing well.

Congrats mate :clap:

If youā€™re as big a GAA man as you let on to be I expect their birth certs to read 2011 :wink:

Congratulations. :clap:

Surely not two more boys???

Congrats RTT

congrats RTT

great news