The Official TFK Ireland 1912-1923 Thread

Old one I reckon,uncle of mine ran it ,Ned Fitzgerald, dead now also

Ah no :cry::cry::cry: that was a cracking bar. At least I if it’s the one I think with the big open fire

1 Like

Yeah, on the main street on the right about half way down the town as you come in from NCW side. Sad, was a fine little bar. The smoking ban never came into effect there!

1 Like

Fuck you Shane Ross :fist_left:

Ah that’s shit. It was our go to bar in Abbeyfeale on the way to/from stags and matches. A savage little pub.

1 Like

A lot of the pubs in Abbeyfeale have changed hands in recent years. Nowadays a lot of the older pubs down New Street (the street towards the GAA Grounds and Listowel/Ballybunion) are in new ownership and have gotten a new lease of life, with loads of locals in their mid to late 20s/30s choosing to do their drinking down there nowadays in a weird Rural West Limerick small town hipster style movement

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd
This is a nice calendar my father in law picked up

3 Likes

Nice one,keep history alive

Where did he pick that up?

Resistance started tonight on RTE.
Average enough so far.

1 Like

Is this worth watching?

Ah probably given the subject but it’s not outstanding by any stretch.

The Collins chap is trying to overdo the Cork accent I think

There’ll be a show based on the limerick Soviet staged in Limerick in April i believe

1 Like

Michael D isn’t going to the Soloheadbeg Commemoration.

That’s the way it’s gone now I suppose.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/áras-silent-on-higgins-turning-down-centenary-invitation-1.3749438%3Fmode=amp

Not surprising really he’s a p.c. watery old bastard,from a weak party who betrayed working class Ireland

1 Like

He’ll laud Castro though. What a cunt

You were screaming for him to be elected a few weeks ago … you dithery cunt.

cc @Raylan

Well I’ll be there anyway with my imitation Lee Enfield

2 Likes

Taking place in Cleeve’s Factory I think?

Haven’t been to any of the events there yet so will be curious to see how it works out.