The Official TFK Local and European Elections Thread 2024

Has he supported Jimmy Saville and child abuse? If thatā€™s the case, thatā€™s certainly not good. I just presumed he was against paedophilia and sex abuse. To be honest, it sounds like low level smear tactics to connect him to saville like that because he actually has a chance of ousting some lefty party from a seat. I just did a quick Google search and seems he made some unsavoury incorrect tweets before the full facts came out but im not an expert on the saville case, sounds like youā€™ve more insight and knowledge to it.

Anyway fingers crossed Niall isnā€™t now a Saville supporter, hopefully he clarifies this point for you if he wins.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s McNamara and John Moran for @Massey

1 Like

Niall Boylan on March 30th, 2014:

ā€œThese type women need to get into there thick skulls the fact that Men donā€™t rape womenā€

Thats fair reasoning. Went with the local gobshite in the locals. All other candidates in a big town far away and wouldnt give a shit about us kittle people. I went with mcnamara too. He had a great covid. Common sense

https://x.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1799049706296996337?t=JNcbmWy1PmRMbXr21a6J0g&s=19

Just back from doing my democratic duty. Some amount of headbangers on the EU ballot

2 Likes

I was a little bit surprised at how (relatively) normal the mayoral and local candidates were for us.

The EU ballot was an absolute trainwreck.

3 Likes

next time im limerick im going to punch, eddie!

It didnā€™t fit on the little table thingy. Like trying to read a broadsheet paper on the train

1 Like

eh, you share a lot of their views mate

1 Like

nah, i dont have any particular truck with headbangers like cuffe and aodhan

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure heā€™s probably not the only one but whatā€™s the story with Frankie Daly running for the council and the mayor?

The mayor ballot is being counted after the council. So presuming heā€™s elected there, what happens then?

Do they just bump everybody up one notch. Seems unfair with proportional representation and all that.

Butler, Elisa, the Labour fella and maybe others are also running in both

If someone wins the Mayoral election and also wins a seat on the council, they get to co-opt someone into the council seat in their place. They basically pick someone to take their place.

1 Like

I had a good search there earlier on but couldnā€™t find out the outcome if one is elected mayor.

Informative rating.

But I voted for Frankie. Not his side-kick.

1 Like

Local politics, innit.

Itā€™s often a party loyalist/lackie/relative drafted in as the replacement.

Donā€™t forget about the greatest and truest political statement of them all - ā€˜all politics is localā€™.

If yer man fixed the footpath or helped install the zebra crossing at the local school heā€™ll get the scratch, irrespective of his views on Gaza, Brexit or Ukraine. Not saying thatā€™s right but itā€™s the way of the world with local elections at least.

Frankie :clap::clap::clap:

@peddlerscross How many candidates will ā€œLord Lowry of Tipperaryā€ return?

4 Likes