The Official TFK Local and European Elections Thread 2024

Lynne Boylan as predicted got a massive transfer from Daly.

The problem for Aodhan now is how many of Cuffe’s votes go to FF and FG before Aodhan.

1 Like

Most of Cuffes will probably go to fellow Govt Party candidates Andrews and Doherty.

Only 32K of Cuffes are in play I think.
Cant see Boylan picking up any significant gains there. AOR probably needs 10% of Cuffes to overhaul Boylan which is doable. Im sure many greens will also not transfer to fellow govt parties because they may perceive they are not doing enough to combat climate change.

3,021 is the gap from Boylan to O’Riordan.

Cuffe has 40,393 to distribute. I think that’s a bridgeable gap.

1 Like

You’d think the 3k he got from Gibney would go strongly to Aodhan. So even if that was 1k of an advantage it puts a huge dent in the gap.

If 60% go to government parties (which would be extremely high) and another 10% didn’t transfer then he’d still have 13k between O Riordain, Lynn and Niall Boylan.

Even then O Riordain would only need half a 2:1:1 ratio in that remaining pot to get over the line.

Yeah I’d be shocked if he doesnt overhaul from this position now. Boylan realistically would have needed a big pull from Claire Daly on the last count but that never materialised. Greens and Labour have both been minority govt partners, similar party size and see each other as broader allies in the grand scheme of things so there should be enough there for AOR to get over the threshold.

1 Like

Scratch the above figures, I was reading off the previous count like an eejit.

2,578 is the gap.

43,582 to distribute from Cuffe.

AodhĂĄn will do it.

3 Likes

The South is going to be fierce tight also. Five in the running for the last three seats.

I think the whole forum is behind AodhĂĄn now.

12 Likes

I doubt that very much, very much indeed

He is a bohs cunt but he is pro cycling and the planet

Even if he was just a bohs cunt, anyone but boylan

Fuck him and his okey dokey wokey blokey shite.

3 Likes

He’s a preening virtue signalling windbag. Would have much preferred Cuffe to keep his seat. On the plus side at least he’ll be out of sight out of mind over in Brussels and won’t be heard from for another 5 blissful years.

7 Likes

Kell surprise we have a Niall Boylan fan

2 Likes

I’m no fan of hers.

Aodhan is alright. He’s on the right side of most of the big stuff.

6 Likes

It will be a great boost to Ivana Bacik and her Labour Party if they win a European seat.

4 Likes

Even though they won’t have a hope of retaining either his or his leader’s Dáil seats?