The Official TFK Local and European Elections Thread 2024

Bacik has a good chance I’d say.

When will the SocDems and Labour merge? Assume once Shorthall and Murphy step aside

1 Like

I very much doubt it, sir. Elected in a bye-election during a time of strong anti-government feeling in a constituency where she made little impact in multiple GE campaigns. Who knows, though?

Be a massive surprise if AOR doesn’t get over the line here. Perhaps Cuffe primarily goes to FF and FG, but it’s inconceivable really that Green Party votes go anywhere near Boylan.
So on we go to South, where it’ll probably be Thursday before they get done, whatever the Cork lads are lads are doing. Looking like 2 FG and 2 FF and maybe MacNamara for the last.
North West, I haven’t really paid attention to.

Editing this. John Mullins hasn’t a hope of getting in, not sure what I was looking at earlier.
So 2 FF, 1 FG, MacNamara more than likely, leaving Wallace, O Sullivan and Funchion.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1800616331487887495?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

AodhĂĄn AodhĂĄn AodhĂĄn

10 Likes

Hopefully mick hides the keys from Clare. Wouldn’t be a great finish to her day to be arrested doing burnouts in the walkinstown roundabout swigging from a bottle of proper 12.

Other than that this is the sanest result in Dublin history. All the extremists like Smith, cuffe, boylan and more kicked to the curb, the mainstream roaring back.

4 Likes

Will AOR go to Europe?
Labour unlikely to win a by election?

Will some party stalwart be nominated to take on “ Right on O’Riordans” seat in Europe

The Bacik bounce is real

I’m singing “Ohhhhh Aodhán Ó’Ríordán” to the tune of Seven Nation Army in my mind at the moment.

1 Like

Brilliant from Cuffe

1 Like

He’ll go alright.

I don’t see all the sitting TDs running again.

https://x.com/h_irish37/status/1800617974505644373

This spoon. Boylan has a three hour radio show every night of the week.

5 Likes

Do you know when by election would have to be held by?

I think 15 December. Something like that.

Actually must be just 6 months so early December.

1 Like

If somebody dies it’s six months.
So I presume it’s the same from the date of the election result.

2 Likes

He’s boilin’

2 Likes

Bloody right he’ll go. I’d say Labour are in trouble at the next GE. AOR needs to be replaced, Alan Kelly is unlikely to stand again, Bacik could have a hard time getting back in and Howlin might retire.

The progressive left is rising mate

I’d say Niall Boylan got 30,000 first preferences from the taxi drivers who listen to him every single night of the week.

9 Likes

Who makes up the progressive left? Soc Dems?