The Official TFK NCT Thread

My NCT is up with ages and the next appointment isn’t until September, there’s no panic though. It won’t make it past this time. So its a moritorium for it. What’s mental is that if it passes in September, you only get a few months worth of NCT back dated to when it should have been done, but through their fault it isn’t possible. The fucking thing is either safe or it isn’t like. Some money making scam

3 Likes

I checked most days over a week until I found an appointment. They do come back up on system or else you’ve to go somewhere less convenient.

There’s a potential for penalty points if you don’t have a valid one but I can’t imagine they dish them out too often

Once you only drive it on your own land there’s nothing they can do about.
They’re handy out for feeding sheep and the like. A tractor just rips the ground up.

A very quick google there tells me that if a farm vehicle is capable of 40Km/h or more it has to be NCT’d.

Is that right @farmerinthecity?

I don’t actually want an appointment so the further away the better. I don’t think penalty points would stand up the way things are.

Put mine in the other week - failed on the dip beam on the passenger side but driver side ok. Fixed it, brought it back and they failed on the dip beam on the driver side. Their reasoning was that it wouldn’t have been picked up due to the failure of the passenger side one or something. Another 28 quid for an in lane check and an appointment at 11pm. C**ts

2 Likes

I don’t know mate.

I’m not a farmer any more.

There was a case last year where a woman did get points, even though her test was only a week ago. But it’s unusual.

The guidance seems to be that if you have a test booked, a guard with any cop-on leaves you off. But nothing booked in is probably a slam dunk for a few points alright. In saying that, I’d say I have gone through one Garda checkpoint in last four or five years.

Here we go

1 Like

A grand start to the weekend. A hit and hope and it’s through

4 Likes

Do they inspect the air vent on the top of a van?
It got a bit of a bang……

It’s not a rotating one or anything fancy like that. Just a filtered vent. Might need to silicone it back in.

It’s going for a retest. Failed on brake pads.

The brother in law asked for the loan of the run around on Tues while his own car is in for repair. I went out to inspect all was in order but alas the tax was out since Jan and the NCT was out that day. Jumped online, tax sorted no problem, sent him the proof of transaction and then onto NCT. Up pops 10 am Sat 13th (today) in Ballinasloe. 3 minor thingeens no big deal. And they say you can’t get an appointment…

1 Like

Signing in lads. Had to get brakepads fitted but it’s the least anxious I ever was going NCT.

Could be two big beatings for Galwaymen today.

Hon fucking Galway! I’ll see ye in 2025 scans.

11 Likes

Nct due but got a date of march 2024 for my nearest one :hushed:. Even if I travel a bit the earliest I can get is January. Is there something I’m missing here or is that what I’m stuck with?

Give them a ring and you will be sorted within a few weeks.

2 Likes

Try over a couple of nights checking availability after 12 midnight all free slots go on line when office is closed should get one in two/three weeks.

Here we go. The NCT centre in Ballysimon will become a religious shrine if this passes, such will be the level of miracle.

It’s only a question of what’s required and whether it’s worthwhile or whether I’ll have to scrap it

1 Like

What you driving? Is it an auld banger?

It owes him nothing

1 Like