The Official TFK NCT Thread

I meant gentlemanly in the more vague sense of the word, ie, do the exhaust test on another vehicle if it looks like you might fail sense of the word. Tyres and brakes and lights have to be OK, but the rest is a more ecumenical matter.

2 Likes

@carryharry

I did first NCT there the other day on a 141 car. Perfect working order. Got a fail refusal because the brake hose was ‘coiled’. Neighbour who is a mechanic said this was just put in wrong by main dealer when changed brake pads. That sound realistic? Car due a service would I be within my rights to go thru main dealer for a shortcut?

Others fellas might attack the dealer Gil. But you’re too nice a guy for that. Not your style.

2 Likes

Fair point. Will you ring him for me?

I’d do anything today bar work so yeah.

1 Like

Tester sounds like a knob tbh, if the brake test was a pass he had no reason to fail it. He was doing the right alerting you to it.
I’d just ring the ape who fitted the new brake pads & make the aware of the situation.
They should cover the fix & cost of retest if there is one.
They would be at fault if there was a brake failure imo.

1 Like

You work for the council mate,what’s different to any other day?

Passed 2nd time round this evening.

The queue, hatch and wait is like the old O’Connell Grill

1 Like

Signing in :wave:

:brendan::brendan:

6 Likes

55 euro for this sham :rollseyes:

Why would you be driving around in a car fit for the NCT mate? You should be driving in 181 at this stage surely.

I know. It was actually quite jarring when I got the letter in the post.

Leave the bet down motors for the other plebs in here, you’re better than that.

1 Like

2 motors, 30 years between them. I always suspected I was a plebeian.

1 Like

Signing in. Can’t remember but am I supposed to bring vehicle registration certificate with me?

yes. best of luck

1 Like

Not if you’ve NCT’d it before yourself in that centre

Can’t believe all the high flyers on here who have cars requiring NCTs though. It’s a new boom lads, get with it.

1 Like

Shiny new PCP funded cars are for new money mate

Didn’t test here before and they didn’t look for it. My hape of shite is in the queue now.

1 Like