The Official TFK NCT Thread

That was going to be my second guess :laughing:

Back in for the retest. One of the fails was the drivers window not opening.
It opens eventually, but I’ve noticed with the hot weather it was working fine and the garage could find nothing wrong with it. But of course it’s started sticking again today and the test is in an hour.
I’ve tried WD40 etc and I think I’ve found the spot where it’s catching but no joy getting it to work correctly repeatedly.

It’ll just be a case of hoping it works when he presses it.

Did you spray wd into the connectors? It’s surely a frayed wire rather than mechanical

Window regulator. Get a new Chinese replacement online. Piece of piss to replace, just take your time.

Trim puller, a bottle of suds and you’ll have about 20 likes here.

Make sure it comes with the cables/frame to handle the mechanical up/down. You can mess about with swapping bits and pieces but for small money whip out the lot.

2 Likes

All coming up Limerick.

Cmaaaan

8 Likes

60% of the time it works every time

Went onto the website there to book a test in Limerick for the auld fella.

1st of November the next available date. :grinning:

Just send them an email or fill out the form on the website and you’ll get a reply with an appointment for a few weeks time.

Ah yeah, I’ll let himself do it the old fashioned way by ringing the auld number.

Got the notice there today. Earliest available date is December 5th :grinning:

1 Like

The way things are gone you’d nearly want to be booking the next test for two years time as they hand you over your fresh new certificate.

What are they making ball joints out of these days?
Aluminium?

Fucken speed ramps

I’ll have to have a word with herself.
Virtually every test is ball joints.

Something wrong with the handbrake also. Not engaging on one wheel or something.

How much are we talking here?

Im not an expert on this stuff but get rode every test for ball joints and the mechanics blame the ramps. Mrs Barnes more or less ignores them so i have a fair idea whats causing it!

2 Likes

Loads

You were probably better and wiser economically to get in touch with forumite @Thomas_Brady who will look after the removal and burning of the offending vehicle. Just make sure your insurance policy is valid and the premium paid/up to date.

2 Likes

He “sorted” the last car.
I couldn’t ask him twice……

1 Like

Be interesting to have a proper study on this, factoring in mileage, age of the car and taking out failing for stuff like light bulbs etc

Was on the website there and managed to get a booking for the 15th of February.

I look forward to my day out in Tralee :slight_smile:

Someone must have cancelled as next appointments for most centres are July/August.