The Olympics

Is Merlene Ottey still trucking? Last I saw her she was still running relays for Slovenia or one of those

Think there is a fairly chaotic family background to it alright

1 Like

Ya I’ve seen him interviewed and he spoke of how running was his escape from that world, so maybe he was just caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hopefully it works out OK for him as he seems like a nice guy.

1 Like

David Gillick put a hex on Shelly Ann

He seemed like a nice smiley young lad.

1 Like

That was a sensational finish by the young lady from Namibia to finish second. Some talent.

Thompson-Herah is unbelievable.

The rules that allow the Namibian lady run 200m but not 400m are complex

1 Like

Thompson-Herah absolutely dominated that, serious run.

she running a food truck outside Fanore

1 Like

Go on…

High testosterone levels, her and her compatriot. I posted an article a bit further back, I’ll bump it.

Fraser Price and Hera Thompson absolutely hate each other. Not hard see either, those hugs are glacial.

1 Like

We live in a strange world these days

1 Like

World Athletics introduced rules on naturally occurring testosterone in women athletes. If you go over a certain level then you can’t race. But they only apply the rules to 400m to one mile distances. Not sure on the science behind it but it’s supposed to be science based - I think rules were introduced to deal with Caster Semenya type issues where athletes were intersex - she was 800m runner.

The two Namibian athletes have testosterone levels that meant they were not allowed to run the 400m

1 Like

Love this, especially when you see he has gold literally in his twitter handle

2 Likes

That’s what she said.

1 Like

The GOAT.

1 Like

Top lad

The body shape of these Canoe sprinters is ridiculous.

Who’s he?