The Olympics

Great article on what it feels like to win Olympic gold - from 2016

I imagine it’s a somewhat universal experience no matter what somebody wins

• the emptiness that follows is unexpected
1 Like

Rai Benjamin who got the silver behind Warholm is a son of Winston Benjamin.

4 Likes

Open sea swimming on Eurosport now

Any dry robers who frequent the 40ft competing for Ireland?

10km open water swimming. Pure torture I’d say

I wonder if any of them have a wad of 50s inside their swimsuit?

This is insanity

What’s the jellyfish situation like?

Fluid

3 Likes

While you’re watching that, if you missed this interview give it a watch now. This is what the Olympics is about. Suffering and hopefully, success.

Why were they allowed get a gold each? Surely every similar situation from now on eg boxing final will do the same? Or is there something more to it …

Didn’t Sonia make a point about that after the semis. She would know what cheats look like after she was robbed

2 Likes

And by God was she robbed repeatedly.

1 Like

The fucking chinese

That turtle soup was rocket fuel so twas.

1 Like

She blames herself for the Olympic silver - said she should have waited til the straight but panicked and tried to go round the other one on the bend.

She was different class really. She was virtually unbeatable for a couple of years.

2 Likes

That few years up to and around 96, those golden track meets or whatever they were called… She was in a class of her own.

2 Likes

She was robbed by cheats plain and simple.
Seashell myth trying to use the current remarkable honest success of Irish athletes to scrub her tarnished medals is nauseating.

3 Likes

13 year old wins bronze for Team GB in skateboarding. I’d say you’d not sleep a wink as a parent of a skateboarder. This young lady fractured her skull a year ago in a training accident.

1 Like

A sage philosopher said “Dont bother children when they skateboard”

1 Like