The Olympics

He is not

Is he still banging Natalya?

I’m pretty sure they are engaged.

No idea

You just love to see privileged true love.

Pretty sure she’s with Darren something or other who was boxing the last time around.

Yes, I was thinking I hadn’t heard much of Arthur in a while. The sister Lucy Lanigan-O’Keeffe, the family member in the news of late with her nuptials to Thomas Van Straubenzee.

It’s why the announcements section at the bottom of Saturday’s Irish Times letters page is always so uplifting.

4 Likes

Would Kellie and Troy Parrott be neighbours?

Not a million miles away. Troy is Buckingham St, Kellies family are Portland row - spitting distance from the 5 lamps.

1 Like

Is Wes from Portland Row too?

Google informs he lived there for a while alright

1 Like

I lived in Ossory Road for a while when I was in Dublin, used to get my hair cut by the lad there on Amiens Street under the railway bridge. His son was a world Bowling champion he informed me one day and he had loads on Bowling trophies around the barbers. Serious sporting pedigree around that area.

1 Like

You’d think Karsten Warholm would have given the normal 400m a go

Maybe money. Race against Olympic 400M champion would be massive

He’s supposed to run 400M flat in Brussels Diamond League weekend after next

It’s interesting, I don’t know much about the intricacies and technical elements but Derval O’Rourke was on about Femke Bol who ran an excellent race to finish 3rd in the 400 metres hurdles and how she only took it up recently.

For whatever reason she was a relatively average/unremarkable 400 metre runner but her technique/running style is extremely well suited to hurdling. Only 1.5 second difference between her best 400m and 400 metre hurdling time but she would still need to find another second to be capable of competing with the top 400 metre runners.

Assume Wilholm is probably a similar case that there is only a second or so between his best 400 metres time and hurdling time and that they probably don’t have that extra few percent high end speed to be a finalist let alone a medal contender without the hurdles.

2 Likes

Kirani James 3/1 to win 400M final at 1pm

Worth a flutter in homage to Jerry Kiernan who liked to refer to betting odds

1 Like

Andrew Coscoran seems like an alright sort

1 Like

Impressive from Gardiner. He had a WR in him there.

2 Likes

Gardiner wins 400m. Zambrano silver. First male Colombian to win a medal.

James bronze to add to his gold from 2012 and silver in 2016.