The Olympics

The treadmill test is a good one to show a normal lad how fast they run.

Try and Set it to whatever pace they run a marathon at.
The treadmill won’t go that high.

Most “normal” people won’t last more than a minute

1 Like

Just said to herself that If she starts tomorrow, Brisbane 2032 is achievable. She wasn’t impressed when I suggested she runs to Dundrum and back in the morning to start her training.

13 Likes

Id always wear a hat but you have to go with the science at this level.

1 Like

Greg Allen and David Matthews are good at this. Easy tell they are fans from the combination of knowledge and empathy.

5km in 18 minutes

RTE should have left Greg Allen on for the main finals, and not just because he’s actually in Japan as opposed to a broom cupboard in Montrose like George.

2 Likes

Tfk pace.

2 Likes

Fionnuala seems comfortable but has a style that you’d nearly describe as agricultural. Maybe the cross country background impacted it.

Does the leader ever go pillar to post?

Did you watch it? Some of the horses were sour as fuck and behaved the same for both riders. Coyle is from a showjumping background.

The German ones horse had refused earlier too. The commentators were surprised she didn’t go with the reserve horse she’d been allocated but it’s likely that one would be more of a mule

I saw it alright he said a bad rider could have spooked the horse and that would finish him. He said the horse had competed at high level but if you put any of those riders in Against the top show jumpers they’d be embarrassed.

Very rarely - you’ll see a break of 5 or 6 in a few Kms and winner will come from them.

As they said there no pace makers here do they struggle a bit more to find the pace

1 Like

There’s a bit of truth in that cos the horses go twice. A sub par rider earlier on could spook them leaving the 2nd rider absolutely fucked, as is what likely happened

They did hint the rider who had the horse before Natalia had fucked the horse.

That horse the German was landed with was a joke though.

I’d have gone against the lad on the grey horse earlier

4 Likes

Bit of a joke they don’t have water stations on both sides of the road?

I’d run with a Kenyan style hand carriage myself

1 Like

He knows his onions