The Olympics

The pace being set by the Ethiopian Gidey has completely bombed Lizzie Eilish and most of the field out the back.

The running styles of the Japanese competitors being lapped are horrible to look at. How can you run with your arms that low.

They run with their arms?

Three Ethiopians will divide the medals among themselves here. Ethiopia has won five gold medals in the eight times this event has been run.

Kenya has never won this event.

He became the frontman willingly for it.
He misrepresented it to sell books. If he believes what he’s written, it’s worse.

What’s Gidey getting excited over?

Assume your one is in here slipstream and caught her leg. No love lost between them, a bit of mind games.

Great finish in store

Hassan does her dirty

Oh she done her there. Great move

1 Like

Predictable finish there. A touch of Derartu Tulu blitzing Elana Meyer in 1992 about it.

If Gidey was an English footballer she would have flopped to the floor

1 Like

Hassan is utterly fucked here, writhing in pain covered in ice packs.

Gidey distraught, the Bahrain lady who finished second looks like she could go and do another 10 k

Is the horse the German lass was on back out there?
Between the previous competitor and herself the poor horse was absolutely freaked.
I can’t understand why she wouldn’t take a reserve horse. I know they may not be quite as good, bit they’ll all have been well able.

Lack of prep time with it I guess. She’d have had 20 mins with the other lads and a few practice jumps where she’d be getting up on the other lad cold

Both she and the poor horse were in a blind panic. I’m not sure who started it, but the horse was in an absolute lather. I felt sorry for the poor creature tbh.
The whole event is a stupid one. The skills expected of a cavalry officer :roll_eyes:
May as well bring it up to date and see who can bomb Kandahar most effectively by drone.

3 Likes

Yeah she was in tatters and sure any horse will feed off that too. Staying calm on a horse is the first rule of getting on in the first place. At least Natalya while ridiculously pissed off knew to keep as straight as she could and vent when she was off the animal. The German lass was like a banshee and had lost it before she even started

1 Like

Blazing saddles job?

Wr pace in the men’s 1500 so far

1 Like

Madness

Some run by the Scotsman there.

The Norwegians got their preparation very right at these Olympics.

1 Like