The Olympics

OR obliterated by Ingabritzen. Kipsang done out of a medal by Josh Kerr

Josh Kerr and Laura Muir with brilliant runs in the 1500m. That sort of thing should be giving hope to the Irish athletes.

3 Likes

Norwegians and Italians. Remarkable preparation. Extraterrestrial one may say.

Norway have produced two outstanding runners in Ingebritesn and Warholm

Crazy for a small population to produce 2 such brilliant runners at same time

1 Like

And an off the charts triathlete who was a different shape to everyone else in the race, and had prominent frontal balding and unusually old looking features 🤷

1 Like

They have great cross country skiers too. And now footballers.

Long way off 6 nations standard in rugby I’d wager

They must be using the coaches from the winter sports

1 Like

That did cross my mind.

Hon Poland !

1 Like

McDermott :heart_eyes:

Such joy!

India wins it very first track and field gold medal at the Olympics, as Neeraj Chopra wins the javelin, the event for failed fast bowlers.

2 Likes

He never said or meant for it to apply to endurance athletes which is how this started,
Unless you believe that somebody could take up table tennis today and win the next olympics I don’t see how it’s relevant, obviously a skill sport requires an awful lot of practice

4x400……

Good to see Botswana get a medal there

1 Like

Unreal run there by the USA. Credit the Dutch and Botswana.

Some women’s high jump here

RTE didn’t bother seeing through their sparse coverage of the women’s high jump.

Nicola McDermott wins a silver, God will be disappointed

McDermott is of partial Croatian ancestry.[12] She studies biochemistry at the University of Sydney.[13]

While attending a youth camp at the age of 16, McDermott became a Christian. She has been engaged to Minecraft speedrunner Edward Cavarsan since late 2020. She compared experiencing the Holy Spirit “tangibly” to “electricity” going through her body, as if “colour” had come to a world she’d been seeing “in black and white”.[14] McDermott runs Everlasting Crowns, a ministry dedicated to encouraging and teaching athletes.[15][14]

“Minecraft speedrunner”???

1 Like

The Olympic football tournament seems like the perfect Pedri dish to give young players long term injury problems.