The Olympics

he’s through !!

Will be the second of the fastest qualifiers

Pretty sure the three fights are on Friday alright.

[quote=“HangBlaa”]Barnes semi-final is 12 on Friday follwed by Egan at 2…

Any idea is Sutherland up Friday as well… would need to be i suppose as the Finals are Sunday[/quote]

Finals are fixed for Sunday? Nice one.
Hopefully at least a couple of them qualify and it’ll be a great day on the beer.

Men’s Middle (75kg)
Fri Aug 22 08:01 Semifinal 1
SUTHERLAND Darren John (IRL) vs
DEGALE James (GB)

Fri Aug 22 08:16 Semifinal 2
CORREA BAYEAUX Emilio (Cuba) vs
KUMAR Vijender (India)

Men’s Light Fly (48kg)
Fri Aug 22 12:00 Semifinal 1
BARNES Paddy (IRL) vs
ZOU Shiming (China)

Fri Aug 22 12:16 Semifinal 2
PUREVDORJ Serdamba (Mongolia) vs
HERNANDEZ G Yampier (Cuba)

Men’s Light Heavy (81kg)
Fri Aug 22 14:01 Semifinal 1
JEFFRIES Tony (GB) vs
EGAN Kenny (IRL)

Fri Aug 22 14:16 Semifinal 2
ZHANG Xiaoping (China) vs
SHYNALIYEV Yerkebulan (Kazakhstan)

That Degale fella from England has fought Sutherland 4 times and lost each time. Looking good for Darren too

Pretty sure it’s 3-1 to Sutherland. DeGale beat him in an Olympics qualifier earlier this year. Sutherland will be favourite but there’s no huge gulf in class or anything.

usain bolt is off at 3.20 in the 200 metres…should be worth a watch…might watch it on the bbc to see what michael johnson says when he breaks his record…

Seems I was harsh on Alistair

Alistair Cragg has finishes sixth in his 5000 metre heat.

But he advances to the final as he is one of the fastest losers. His time was actually faster than the winner of the two other heats.

More to follow…

i hink you should issue a full public apology mbb…you coont…

My sincerest apologies to Mr Cragg, I have every faith in your running ability, shur that 5k took nothing out of you…

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0001aba228a.jpg
http://dynimg.rte.ie/0001aba3190.jpg

bolt has just broke the world record…19.31…

19.30 Puke. BIG difference in athletics

i know ya…was just after posting that and next thing they announced the official time was 19.30 and i just couldn’t have been arsed to go back and change it…

the bbc said that he was running against 0.9 of a headwind so he can definately go faster…

BBC said Bolt “smashed” Johnson’s record. Two hundreths of a second is what he broke it by. Great achievement and i know such margins are significant in sprint races but if one hundreth of a second constitutes breaking the record i think using “smash” is a bit much. Maybe use it for three hundreths.

Fraaaaaaank commentating on the Hockey on RT is a legend.

Denis Lynch has been left out (maybe disqualified) from competing in the showjumping final. RTE still trying to find out why.

Press Conference at 11 I believe, this is big news I’d say.

Olive Loughnane finishes a very credible 7th in the Walk, well done. Have met her in the past, she’s a lovely girl and this is a huge achievement for her.

Any speculation on the Denis Lynch affair yet? Think this will be a scandal anyway.

Horse tested clean yesterday according to reports, so not sure what this could be. By virtue of the fact that RT dont know whats going on and there will be a press conference, it leads me to believe this is going to be a big deal.