The Olympics

Agreed Danno,first class stuff from TFKā€™S Olympic correspondant.

Kenny Egan won 10-2 - saw the fight before coming into work. Looked fairly impressive and fights some Brazilian lad now in the quarter finals. Great performance by the pride of Neilstown and the captain of the Irish Boxing team.

Not much time before work so just a few quick points.

• Egan looks good, very good. Heā€™s skillful, fast(both hands and feet) and very composed. Doesnā€™t try to kill a fight immediately but trusts heā€™ll be the better boxer. Lovely to watch at work.
    -He looked well better than the Brazilian who he should be fighting in the quarters.
    -Atmosphere not as good today for Egan. I think it might have been the expectation that heā€™d do the business.
    -Itā€™s lashing rain here today. So they Olympic volunteers come to your taxi with an umbrella and walk you into the stadium. Canā€™t imagine this in Ireland.
    -Two euro is enough for three beers and a snickers at the venues. Nice work.
    -Tickets were down to 60RMB(6e) for a 30 RMB ticket. Thatā€™s 6 euro for an Olympic boxing session.
    -Rumour has it that the beach volleyball is the place to beā€¦ Iā€™ll try and get onto it.

P.S. John Joe Joyce fights at 3pm irish time. Get to a telly, itā€™s only ten minutes and it should be a super fight. Iā€™ll be teaching a set of business english students who donā€™t wanā€™t to be there either.

Watched Egans bout, good work, put him away very clinically. Great stuff from the boxers so far.

What way do medals work if he gets through the next round but loses his semi-final? Does he have to fight the other losing semi-finalist for a bronze medal or do they both get one? Apologies for my defeatist question. Keep the reports coming alright Juhy and your work has even inspired me to watch my first Olympic action later - Iā€™ll pop out of work for the Nevin bout.

In previous years both losing semis get bronze, I presume its the same again this time out.

Pretty sure both losing semi-finalists get a medal of the bronze variety.

If you get to the semiā€™s you get a bronze guaranteed.

Just saw the previously unknown chinese swimmer win goldā€¦ just cant believe its not tainted.

Joyce fighting now !

end of round 1 - 5-1 down. Including a warning.

9-8 ahead going into the last . great come backā€¦ see it out son !!

well? they have blocked bbc sport here so many peiople were wathcin glimpics

11-11. But he lost.

Not sure of reason.

Gave up a point in the last 17 seconds to tie it. Lost it due to the warning. Shame after a great come back.

very unluckyā€¦

Melanie Nocher won her heat in the 200m backstroke. She was the one who had the goggles problem earlier in the week.

She proved her nochers wrong this timeā€¦

Hopefully, sheā€™ll get her nochers out if she wins a medal.

donā€™t think her time is good enough to make the finalā€¦