The Olympics

She failed to make the semiā€™s.
Her time was 2:12.29 but was outside the slowest qualifying time 2:10.58

Broke an Irish record, and won her heat, not bad I guess.

Federer beaten in the tennis to compound a shite year. Will lose his No.1 status after thisā€¦

He had it lost anyway, but fucking hell thats a fair kick in the arse for the cow lover.

An Olympic challenge for Juhnilliao (or whaterver the fcuk his name is)ā€¦

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/olympics/2008/08/around_the_olympics_in_800_min.html

Olympic tennis is gay, theyā€™re all pros for fcuks sake. May as well let Floyd Mayweather box at the olympics.

[quote=ā€œHangBlaaā€]An Olympic challenge for Juhnilliao (or whaterver the fcuk his name is)ā€¦

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/olympics/2008/08/around_the_olympics_in_800_min.html[/quote]

Unfortunately, Iā€™ll have to decline your challenge Hangblaa, as whatever your challenge be, it has been deemed unacceptable by the Great Firewall. Things involving the BBc site often are. If i get on to a secure proxy server, Iā€™ll have a look.

Itā€™s juhniallio, by the way, and itā€™s my Brazilian name.

I am awaiting myboyblues press release on John Joe Joyce tears after his defeat today :wink:

Holy Jaysus that was bad. The poor fella looked like he wanted to go into a corner and cry his eyes out. he couldnt talk. Iā€™d say heā€™ll never be able to show his face in Athy again. Fierce unlucky and fair play to him for going so close. If he stays amateur heā€™ll have some chance in London but thats probably doubtful enought.

Seriously, did Joyce cry because he lost a fight? Christ, I havenā€™t done that since 2nd class in primary school.

He was close to tears and flustering his words - then towards the end he just sort of lost it and put his head in his hands and couldnt really talk. You could hear him blubbing then. In fairness, the ref shafted him and he lost it on countback after drawing 11 points all. Iā€™d be fairly annoyed as well. RTE should have shown some respect to the lad and not shown it. Crowd of cunts.

All these boxers are pikey fucks so I believe. Does anyone remember that riot in Westmeath? Enough said.

Heard them talking about it on The Last Word, some boxing fella said they would have to separate JJJ from his room mate and rest of boxers as he was likely to go to his room and cry for three days solid.

Ya it was a tough break, he was v sporting about it though I thought

Is he a member of the travelling community?

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]Heard them talking about it on The Last Word, some boxing fella said they would have to separate JJJ from his room mate and rest of boxers as he was likely to go to his room and cry for three days solid.

Ya it was a tough break, he was v sporting about it though I thought

Is he a member of the travelling community?[/quote]

He is indeed Dan, from Mullingar. As is John Joe Nevin, his father was pictured on the front of the papers during the riots there.

JJJ boxes for a club in Athy Runt - are you sure heā€™s from Mullingar?

No, not sure at all but I definately read in a couple of places he was from Westmeath. The RTE website says he was born in Limerick.

Poor fucker tried to keep it togther but couldnt. He was honest in his defeat, he knew it was his fault and he fucked up. Shameful to see him cry like that, but he tried to keep it back and was more of a sobbing, not plain all out blubbering like John Terry and his big arsed mate on Sunday.

However it does beg the question, where are all the fucking men gone? Fucking hell.

One of them is from Mullingar I believe and his family were indeed involved in the riots. Not sure which one or was it just the one.

Sounds like the lightweight rowers crashed and burned.

Have we any boxers out today? And what time?

They were nowhere near the standard they needed to be. From 500M they never looked like they could challenge for the third qualifying place. The guy in the studio(cant rember his name) was very dissapointed in the performance.